New TX SX Information: Pricing and Tentative Release Date

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Devin, May 16, 2018 at 9:29 AM.

1. coned_miro

coned_miro Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Okay, I don't know about the other guy who said he pre-ordered, but this looks sketchy as hell to me

Definitely holding off for now.

Attached Files:

2. CaptainLoozer

CaptainLoozer GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    That's not exactly true. The way I understand it is this:

I'm sure they will have some kind of DRM that makes it to where your software license will only work with your switch. Some sort of one time encryption done using your unique device. Anyhow, lets say you have a switch and so does your room mate. The dongle will be required to use the software regardless, but to save money you both only buy one dongle and two software licenses, one of which comes with the OS.

https://team-xecuter.com/announcing-xecuter-sx-pro-and-sx-os/

The wording on their site is very vague. The pro pack says it comes with a "Tool" and the OS pack says it requires the "tool". I can't confirm what I'm saying is true, it's just a hunch. The "tool" could very well just be an RCM jig.

Last edited by CaptainLoozer, May 17, 2018 at 8:19 PM
  3. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    what? so that means I can't just buy the OS only and send the payload from the other methods PC\android?

So it really needs to buy their device?

4. CaptainLoozer

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Like I said, I can't say for sure. All I can do is link you to their site, which again, is very vague in terms of whether you will need the dongle or not. To be safe, I just got the pro pack since I was also interested in the convenience of the dongle.

I wish TX would just clear this up by doing a PSA or FAQ on this whole thing. I think they'd increase sales if they were more clear about what the difference between the two packages were instead of just dumping it on us like that with vague wording and a video that doesn't even mention that the OS only option was even a thing. Of course, they may be intentionally doing that as sales for the pro pack may decrease if people find out they already have everything they need.

Last edited by CaptainLoozer, May 17, 2018 at 8:22 PM
    weatMod likes this.
  5. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    I ordered from that seller. Just waiting on them to reply back to me.
    I was seeing that a few other people on various sites ordered from SwitchSX so I went through with it.

coned_miro likes this.
  6. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Yeah I am registered in their site, but its pointless as they have no open threads to discuss and send us to maxconsole forums which I also have an account there :(.

I just wish we could buy the software only, run the payload from anything without their device and that it could also coldboot, I wouldnt also need to wait for their device to arrive and instead just download from my home...

7. CaptainLoozer

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    I hear ya. You have the right idea, I just wish I could tell you something more solid but the truth is, no one really knows for sure since they haven't told us. The dongle pack obviously shows promise since they covered what it can do in the video, but the OS only thing was literally a blind side to everyone when they posted it. They've given no information about it aside from what's posted on their page which is:

upload_2018-5-17_14-28-53.png

The only thing we know is it "Requires tools to be installed on your nintendo switch". Software tools? Hardware tools? Who knows.

8. Pacote

Pacote GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2007
    Brazil
    Tool is the plastic JIG so you will probably load with an android or pc no problem.

9. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I just hope the device is optional and we could use OS only with the same features and coldboot sending the payload from PC\android or whatever...

I even just made a new thread on CronusMAx device to see if they are willing to make a CFW to also be able to send payloads for the Switch, but I don't think the admin will answer :)

10. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    there are some really broke people on this site buy 300 dollars switches man

11. kryptos86

kryptos86 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    United States
    A scam? Its listed on the xecuter site as a trusted sorce

12. Hernie

Hernie Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2018
    United States
    That's what I'm saying, 40 bux to be able to get any have you want sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

13. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    its way less than a single 70eur game here lol...

Hernie likes this.
  14. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    Has anybody else ordered through https://www.switchsx.com yet? It totals out to $43.50 after shipping, but you have to email them your order # and paypal account so they can send a payment request. Sounds shady

AaronUzumaki likes this.
  15. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    How are they shady if they are listed on the authorized resellers?

You've never ordered mod chips before? This isn't Amazon you know

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This was before they updated the site. Sit down

16. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

GBAtemp Patron
    AaronUzumaki is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    I just placed my order via switchsx.com, which is a listed US retailer on the site. However, rather than have a proper checkout system, they only have Pay Pal and I had to email them my Pay Pal address to be charged within 1 business day. It's sketchy to me, but it's on the official list, so am I just being overly paranoid?

17. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Paranoid they arent supposed to be using PayPal in the first place hence why they dont list it normally

18. BigPanda

BigPanda GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    Belgium
    The reason is simple, PayPal have a policy against flashcard, by not displaying publicly the email, they avoid issues.

19. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

GBAtemp Patron
    AaronUzumaki is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Okay. I'll go though with it then. Thanks!

20. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    I hope this brings a cheat tool like gateway did

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice