Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's part of the problem. We don't know what we're getting. In fact, by the time they get it, we could have something that could completely outclass it. Now before you say anything, I know that's an unfair argument because that could be applied to literally EVERYTHING, but that's the driving point. You're paying anywhere from 20-80 dollars for a product you've only seen in a video, with tons of misinformation spreading around in regards to the only other (free) competition, with no idea if you're going to get what you think you're going to get. Why take that risk?

Because we want to, and since it's OUR money, we can do that. Why do you continue to hound everyone about what they choose to do with their money? This thread obviously isn't for you.

Reactions: KingMuk

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go with the OS only option, that would be your only option, you know, using your phone or PC or whatever you have. That's why I decided to go ahead and get the dongle from TX so I would have everything I need and it would fit easily into my switch carrying case. They haven't stated one way or another yet, but I I hope the TX dongle can be reflashed to work with any payload at some point. That way if we decide to go with Atmosphere or some other CFW later, we could use the same hardware.
Yeah, thats what I said too, hope they can patch the device or later TX could add custom payloads in it for Atmosphere as I think a few time later atmosphere will always be ahead since its open sourced and everyone will be messing with it and adding stuff like every week... (most likely).

But I really want to know if the TX OS only really need RCM every time, they say only require tools, but I wonder if after first install it doesnt require entering RCM anymore, because its supposed to be the same OS used in their device, just probably they give a different payload on purpose so that we always need to buy the full pack for the 1 time install, no more RCM...

I hope the OS only after being installed wouldnt require RCM anymore and could coldboot too, else I'm still gonna wait for Atmosphere ;).

D

Deleted User

That's part of the problem. We don't know what we're getting. In fact, by the time they get it, we could have something that could completely outclass it. Now before you say anything, I know that's an unfair argument because that could be applied to literally EVERYTHING, but that's the driving point. You're paying anywhere from 20-80 dollars for a product you've only seen in a video, with tons of misinformation spreading around in regards to the only other (free) competition, with no idea if you're going to get what you think you're going to get. Why take that risk?
It helps a lot that its made my Team Xecutor. They've been making products like this for years now and everything they did worked as advertised and never was advertised falsely. They are a reputable team so even with limited information you know you're going to get a working product that isn't half assed

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thats what I said too, hope they can patch the device or later TX could add custom payloads in it for Atmosphere as I think a few time later atmosphere will always be ahead since its open sourced and everyone will be messing with it and adding stuff like every week... (most likely).

But I really want to know if the TX OS only really need RCM every time, they say only require tools, but I wonder if after first install it doesnt require entering RCM anymore, because its supposed to be the same OS used in their device, just probably they give a different payload on purpose so that we always need to buy the full pack for the 1 time install, no more RCM...

I hope the OS only after being installed wouldnt require RCM anymore and could coldboot too, else I'm still gonna wait for Atmosphere ;).

I agree. I was hoping for RCM one time and then have perma CFW on there, but I haven't seen anything concrete about that. And if that IS the case, they're ahead of the game. Either way I'll be happy if I can simply get what I've seen in the video. That's enough for me at this point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Captain, would you kindly fuck off? Your only argument is "HURR U CANT CUNTROL MUH MONEY". We get it, you don't like being told what to do. No one here is telling you NOT TO DO IT. This is the last time I'm replying to you.

LOL you literally came in here telling everyone, and I quote "Save your cash". So YOU DID in fact come in here and tell everyone NOT TO DO IT as you so put it.

Also since you're not replying to me, I got the last word so I win. :D

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It helps a lot that its made my Team Xecutor. They've been making products like this for years now and everything they did worked as advertised and never was advertised falsely. They are a reputable team so even with limited information you know you're going to get a working product that isn't half assed
You know, I wasn't taking in their reputation as a variable. With their past products, I suppose you are bound to more than likely, get what you paid for. I think I'll sit this one out, however, especially with Atmosphere on the horizon. Hopefully this works out well for everyone involved though.

serenewarfare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, the hardware and software by team xecuter will ship sometime in July at the earliest. What about the standalone TX-OS? As this is a software only solution, I guess a digital download will be available sooner (or will it be at around mid june?)

Xecuter says any pre-orders should ship by June 15th

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I definitely agree. Hell there could be a free solution released within the hour that'll make the SX obsolete and I'm sure people that preordered will to an extent regret their purchase. (I say to an extent because the PC/phone/Raspberry Pi-less dongle they have. Even then there are a few people creating wireless solutions that will do something similar.) There's also the chance that there won't be any free alternative to the SX for months. If the kit cost more then I'm sure a lot more people would be thinking twice about purchasing it but at $25(SX OS Software)/$35(SX Pro Kit) a pop it's a drop in the bucket for most. Dropping that small amount of money to be able to pirate games sooner than what may or may not happen close after Atmosphere's release.

There isn't much information to go on but with what has been shown so far in addition to Team Xecuter's track record it does make sense as to why people are so interested. I'm sure if a new unknown team had the same teaser video and announced the same price that they'd be met with heavy skepticism.

Reactions: Deathscreton

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I was hoping for RCM one time and then have perma CFW on there, but I haven't seen anything concrete about that. And if that IS the case, they're ahead of the game. Either way I'll be happy if I can simply get what I've seen in the video. That's enough for me at this point.
They are literally ahead as they made the simplest device and a super high quality RCM jig that is far from any 3D printed one...

And at least for the whole package they say the device is only needed once, so I assume they are actually coldbooting into their OS\CFW and already running backups.

Now I really can't wait is to know the info about the OS only, if it also only needs RCM a single time that would be epic and not need to buy their device. If the OS only needs RCM everytime then I think its not even about their device, but the fact that they could just have a different payload in it that does all the tricks and wouldnt offer the exact same one for the OS only, but maybe someone could also rip their custom device payload and maybe we could do the same without it and just using OS only... who knows...

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I probably asked this already but truly cant remember.

My switch being on the 2.x fw, all I need to boot the exploit is a PC (or android phone) right?

Shorting pins is for 3.x or later correct?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 expensive. If it was 30 euro and 5 euro shipping that would be perfect but with shipping included it is over 50 euro wich is just 2 much
I probably paid around 80€ with shipping for Gateway 4 3DS when it came out, now that was expensive, though way better since the M-SD port was just the coolest feature in my opinion of the entire 3DS hacking.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 expensive. If it was 30 euro and 5 euro shipping that would be perfect but with shipping included it is over 50 euro wich is just 2 much

No kidding. I was at first amazed at the original price that was circulating, which was 29.95. That must have been for resellers only or something because it was closer to 50 dollars with free shipping. But still, I was planning to buy a new game in the coming months anyway, and if this solution allows me to even pirate ONE game, I've already got my money's worth.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, you're arguing over 40 bux! The jig alone is 10. If it works, then fine. When atmosphere comes out, I'm sure it's gonna be better, but for now we have a bit of a stop gap and something to tinker with. It's not like the $300 that everyone first thought that it would be.

Last edited by Hernie,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If later they could make a hacked flashcard with micro-USB port hell I would even pay 100€ for it and I have no money, but hell that would be so epic again, I really want another M-SD just for games and using Switch M-SD for emunand.
Is there any confirmation that the SX OS will be bootable from other RCM hacks and not just their mini usb dongle ?
Doesn't the full pack already brings the OS included in price?

If the OS is already included in the whole pack, then the OS only most likely will work without the device, I want is to know if its a one time RCM install only and then coldboot to OS directly like what they are "paiting" from the full pack with their device it says its required only once, I really cant wait to knoe if the OS only also could be done like that...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them