Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive pre ordered and im far from a noob.... I like to have the option of a hardmod and a softmod if one occurs. Usually the hardmod has the better feature set and then the softmod catches up. Plus no one knows exactly how quickly the softmod solution will come along. All i know is ill be playing my backups from the day that dongle arrives :)
Was not talking about GBATemp members, we know there is a CFW to be released soon. I ment the normal consumers, that saw the youtube video or heard from friends that a flashcard type of hack is coming that plays free games.

It's just a bunch of "what's if's"
No one has any idea how long free cfw will be able to launch dumps, obviously the whole anti tx group think it's going to happen within an hour but in reality it could be months or year(s) given how tough the drm tx put on
as of right now this is the only thing guaranteed to launch backup's and works on all fw's
Who says people have to hack TX loader? Enough smart people in the scene that can make a game loader like TX, that works with a CFW. Sure it might not be released the same week, but I doubt it will take months or even a year.

Reactions: scroeffie
D

Deleted-355425

Was not talking about GBATemp members, we know there is a CFW to be released soon. I ment the normal consumers, that saw the youtube video or heard from friends that a flashcard type of hack is coming that plays free games.

Who says people have to hack TX loader? Enough smart people in the scene that can make a game loader like TX, that works with a CFW. Sure it might not be released the same week, but I doubt it will take months or even a year.

Its probably already done but wont see the light of day, its just how this scene works.

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are adding more support, that's good.

I'm still waiting until they don't force you to burn efuses to play newer games. EmuNAND is a must for me.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive pre ordered and im far from a noob.... I like to have the option of a hardmod and a softmod if one occurs. Usually the hardmod has the better feature set and then the softmod catches up. Plus no one knows exactly how quickly the softmod solution will come along. All i know is ill be playing my backups from the day that dongle arrives :)
TX IS a softmod though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's just a bunch of "what's if's"
No one has any idea how long free cfw will be able to launch dumps, obviously the whole anti tx group think it's going to happen within an hour but in reality it could be months or year(s) given how tough the drm tx put on
as of right now this is the only thing guaranteed to launch backup's and works on all fw's
but us getting backup loading is not dependent upon weather developers can crack TX DRM
hell everyone probably is already loading backups privately
and if they are not then it is only a matter of time before someone finds the same method/s that TX are using , no DRM cracking needed

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's false, the OS has to be used with the dongle. You can't just buy the software and use it with FG.

That's false, you can.

The licence is being sold separately for people with multiple devices. It says quite clearly that it requires the ‘tools’ that come with the SX Pro package.

It says quite clearly that you don't need a dongle to use the standalone SX OS.

• Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?
    A:
    We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).
    We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It says quite clearly that you don't need a dongle to use the standalone SX OS.

• Q: What do I need if I only buy SX OS?
    A:
    We strongly recommend buying SX Pro for the ease of use and safely streamlined procedure. That being said, SX OS standalone can be launched from Windows using TegraRcmGUI (TegraRcmSmash) or from NXLoader on android (with a USB-otg adapter).
    We offer support & warranty on your devices, please note any issues you face by errors/misuse of other methods will not be covered by our warranty.
The wording has been changed since the original message.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol cool, software designed for pirating...
I think 4 that TX will probably get in trouble... Usually paying for hardware is kinda in a way more gray area than selling software to pirate, that gets quite a lot more heat.

And personally I think that's what TX is doing quite bad this time as the whole pack is nice, but the OS only is way overexpensive, its like if the device+nice quality jig is only coming for 10€ and the rest is for the software...

It reminds me of when C4eva or anyone else can't even remember tried to sell their latest CFW for the Xbox 360 drive, at the end that went back to free again.

I would rather donating to atmosphere team when it can load backups than paying for TX software even though I wouldnt mind having their device+jig, but I wouldn't ever pay even more than 10€ for their software.

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn