Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
in the 360 days there was a dev making the cfw and it worked

they made the flashers and made dual nand and they made profit and heck they even helped in the slim version in to making the cfw and they didnot charge shit.

the new direction is short termed as bussiness nothing else.
i am not whinning about 30 dollar for a cfw, its just short termed and then they will die.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Your conspiracy theories are funny, but they don't reflect the way the world works.
You deserve a slap for that. Dont win arguments that way. :)

There is a medium high likelyhood, that they will marry their license validation to your switches serial number.

The rest is - what happens if that data gets out. :)

Again: let's say that somehow this team that has been around since the original Xbox ceases to exist.
I believe they use the same brand, but it might not be the same company. They went dark for quite a while - afair.

In that case, you can use the payload launcher hardware to load whatever you want. A nice, portable launcher and a high quality, non-3d printed jig are worth $40 in and of themselves, IMO.
Not confirmed (that you can payload anything), they could have implemented a signature check for payloads, f.e.
(Remember, they seem to be heavy into DRM - this time around)

Nothing is closed or locked down here. You can use the jig and the payload launcher hardware to do whatever you want. If you want to use TX's CFW, there are some strings attached, but we don't know them yet - is the CFW married to the TX jig, or is it married to the Switch hardware itself? Either is acceptable to me.
If "launching" would be the only concern - yes. Absolutely.

But - information as of today (unconfirmed) is, that they might also put software into your switches nand. If that is the case - several other questions arise:

- Can it be deteceted by N
- Can you still update OFW
- What does this mean in regards to using OFW
- Can Nintendo prevent them from putting that blob on there with future firmwares...

The "loading a payload" via f-g part is pretty failsafe, as far as we understand - but we don't understand the impacts of their "only need dongle/tool the first time around" comment yet. if system partitions are permanently changed - all of a sudden, now TX is responsible for "keeping your switch going" - and as they chose to go with DRM and a license model - no one else might be able to help you - if they "disappoint".

There are two important questions - they will have to answer:

1. How does their update path look like (because you are locking yourself to their ecosystem (DRM)).
2. How do you get "away from it" (restore original nand dump a possibilitiy?)

It might not be possible to switch from them to "another vendor" (or open source solution source) easily - so this is something that has to be addressed.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Ohex4455

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

they made the flashers and made dual nand and they made profit and heck they even helped in the slim version in to making the cfw and they didnot charge shit.

the new direction is short termed as bussiness nothing else.
i am not whinning about 30 dollar for a cfw, its just short termed and then they will die.

Again: the stuff you are saying is bordering on too dumb to respond to.

Because no one else has made a proper CFW yet, TX has made their own. The moment when a better, free CFW comes out.....you can use the TX hardware to load it. You get that, right? No one loses anything here - there is a nice TX CFW for now, when a better free thing comes out the TX hardware can be used to load it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You deserve a slap for that. Dont win arguments that way. :)

There is a medium high likelyhood, that they will marry their license validation to your switches serial number.

The rest is - what happens if that data gets out. :)

I believe they use the same brand, but it might not be the same company. They went dark for quite a while - afair.

Not confirmed (the you can payload anything), they could have implemented a signature check for payloads, f.e.
(Rembeber, they seem to be heavy into DRM - this time around)

If "launching" would be the only concern - yes. Absolutely.

But - information as of today (unconfirmed) is, that they might also put software into your switches nand. If that is the case - several other questions arise:

- Can it be deteceted by N
- Can you still update OFW
- What does this mean in regards to using OFW
- Can Nintendo prevent them from putting that blob on there with future firmwares...

The "loading a payload" via f-g part is pretty failsafe, as far as we understand - but we don't understand the impacts of their "only need dongle/tool the first time around" comment yet. if system partitions are permanently changed - all of a sudden, now TX is responsible for "keeping your switch going" - and as they chose to go with DRM and a license model - no one else might be able to help you - if they "disappoint".

There are two important questions - they will have to answer:

1. How does their update path look like (because you are locking yourself to their ecosystem (DRM)).
2. How do you get "away from it" (restore original nand dump a possibilitiy?)

It might not be able to switch from them to "another vendor" (or open source solution source) easily - so this is something that has to be addressed.

GaryOPA has come out and said that the hardware is a bog standard FG launcher. It is confirmed at this point.

The TX CFW is protected, the actual hardware can run anything.

The rest of your questions reflect a deep lack of technical knowledge, but they will be answered by TX in the coming days. I'm going to opt out of responding to you from here on out, as you just dream up conspiracy theories as an excuse for being broke.

Last edited by blahblah,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
There is a difference between making a CFW for a DVDdrive that never gets updated - and

making a CFW for a system that gets updated from Nintendo once every month, and then putting DRM over that CFW, as TX - so no one else could continue your work.

I don't think i have to tell people in here - but DRM changes whats possible, and in effect behavior patterns, so it might be important to actually ask them what impacts their DRM has - according to their concept - before buying -

but then again - who am I kidding. People will buy, without knowing those answers - everyday - anyday, happily... They sill might turn out to be important though. :)

Reactions: Xandroz

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different from TX makes everyone buy license keys for their custom firmware - that is then DRM protected, and might be married to your Switch serial number.

I'd say - raid their offices, get all the serial numbers of peopl who "bought the CFW", ban them - then, leave people with Switches that run team xecuter firmware, with DRM on it - where their only update channel might be TX...

The key question for me is - what happens, when they cant release "current cfws" anymore. They have to answer that one.

And it will be an interesting answer to hear.

They are the first (?) ones that try to DRM a CFW. Thats actually pretty impactful - because it doesnt just concern a "flash card" you bought - it concerns your console.

TX open the switch to then close the ecosystem down - for their own benefit. Thats very... strange...

I know it doesnt help one bit to write about that, because - people will act like lemmings on acid, once a thing is available that allows them to pirate - but, still - the implications of that system are new and should not be underestimated. (Single point of failure, commercial, DRMed - piracy?)

People currently only care about cheap. Long term repercussions are completely out of their picture.. ;)
Wow so much nonsense in a wall of text

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
dude they were working side by aide with ce4eva and making the custom firmware for the 360 and they did not charge shit

and they were the only ones who developed a cfw alongside ce4eva
it worked on cheap shit from aliexpress and on matrix stuff as well.
they found out Fuse Geleee wont make them money so lets charge for the cfw
stop suckin tx Co** for god sake
to dumb hahah

you support them charging money for cfw thats your opinion and i have mine.

no need to call dumb, that just weakens your opinion.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't exactly a new vendor. They've been making very high quality hardware since the original Xbox - 2002. Gateway would sell this thing for $100 and make it far more user hostile, hah.
we don't know since we do not have a single review, yet. they certainly have this thing DRMed up and maybe it contains some code to make sure you paid for it. brickway?! no one knows.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
There is a difference between making a CFW for a DVDdrive that never gets updated - and

making a CFW for a system that gets updated from Nintendo once every month, and then putting DRM over that CFW, as TX - so no one else could continue your work.

I don't think i have to tell people in here - but DRM changes whats possible, and in effect behavior patterns, so it might be important to actually ask them what impacts their DRM has - according to their concept - before buying -

but then again - who am I kidding. People will buy, without knowing those answers - everyday - anyday, happily... They sill might turn out to be important though. :)

microsoft shafted people and when they claimed that microsoft can not flash the dvd, microsoft shafted them with an update that fucked all dvd drives to a new firmware and every modded dvd was reverted back to stock.
:D

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
microsoft shafted people and when they claimed that microsoft can not flash the dvd, microsoft shafted them with an update that fucked all dvd drives to a new firmware and every modded dvd was reverted back to stock.

Microsoft actually did a drive firmware update to support a new disc format, which included new security features and a higher storage capacity. Simply flashing the firmware to the new (or the old one, if you didn't want to play newer games) C4E firmware fixed that. You already had your drive key, the game was over.

Last edited by blahblah,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
GaryOPA has come out and said that the hardware is a bog standard FG launcher. It is confirmed at this point.
Thats good to hear if true. Source?

The TX CFW is protected, the actual hardware can run anything.

The rest of your questions reflect a deep lack of technical knowledge
Na, na na - you dont get out of this too easily. :) TX brought DRM to the table - although no one asked them to - now its on them to answer the questions that arise because of it.

.., but they will be answered by TX in the coming days.
Theyd better - because the alternative is that we will mount campaigns in here - telling people not to buy those things.

I'm going to opt out of responding to you from here on out, as you just dream up conspiracy theories as an excuse for being broke.
Again - dont try to win the argument that way. TX out of the blue started to sell "software only licenses", and stated that "dongle and jig would only be needed the first time around" --

this was entirely against previous expectations - so now they have to explain whats going on.

If they are selling "software licenses" - without jigs - how do they work.
If they are selling "one time install with dongle only" - they are leaving code on the system - they will be responsible for - and that might be DRMed.

At which point - to be honest, no one knows whats happening on their Switches anymore, but everyone is trusting TX - which might not be the best model.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Ohex4455

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow
So now DVD bug is the same as a bootrom bug?

Who would have thought

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you needed a new firmware though and the ripping liteon drives to burn the new format

they invested in all that and they just charged for the tools.

do you get my point.

anyways they said it has more features to be reveled soo .

so lets not jump in to which is better.
also reswitched and kate will strike back of course

KingMoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My quick two cents after reading 10 pages on this thread topic.
Even if someone does release or make a modified version of TX software the real issue still comes down to convince with the dongle.

The question is if TX were suddenly to stop updating the product can we use the dongle to boot Atmosphere switch instead?
So far I've haven't seen anyone else talk about the convince of using said dongle.

I know someone will reply "LOL BUT YOU HAVE YOUR CELLPHONE"
Well the dongle for one would require additional adapters/cords or anything else such as a cellphone.

If so the pricing alone is worth it for the dongle alone for convince of storage within a case.
Once again this is just my two cents on the whole thing.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My quick two cents after reading 10 pages on this thread topic.
Even if someone does release or make a modified version of TX software the real issue still comes down to convince with the dongle.

The question is if TX were suddenly to stop updating the product can we use the dongle to boot Atmosphere switch instead?
So far I've haven't seen anyone else talk about the convince of using said dongle.

I know someone will reply "LOL BUT YOU HAVE YOUR CELLPHONE"
Well the dongle for one would require additional adapters/cords or anything else such as a cellphone.

If so the pricing alone is worth it for the dongle alone for convince of storage within a case.
Once again this is just my two cents on the whole thing.

The 'you have your cellphone' argument - a silly argument, who wants to string a cable off their phone, wire it up to the Switch, run some random app on the phone etc - requires the person to have a (rooted!) Android phone. Even ignoring iOS, not a whole lot of people are rooted these days...

And then there is everyone on iOS.

Reactions: KingMoogle

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, unless I find myself needing to power down my Switch often with Atmoshpere (I usually just keep it in Sleep mode anyway), I'll probably hold off on buying this. I'm not so much concerned about the current price, but it's going to have some other nice features, like the ability to use whatever CFW I want, in order to 100% sell me on it.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be honest I was well on board with the TX method, and you can see my previous posts, until I saw the option to buy just the CFW.

Now, I can fully accept the CFW being somehow 'locked' into the dongle, I'm not technical enough to now how but some sort of encrytion deal.

However, how is that CFW going to work as a license!? genuine question that, for anyone techincally minded who would like to speculate, maybe @SciresM?

I'm now firmly in the wait it out for a bit camp tbh. It worries me that a payload could somehow be restricted to one unit only, because how exactly is it protecting itself from simply being copied.

KingMoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'you have your cellphone' argument - a silly argument, who wants to string a cable off their phone, wire it up to the Switch, run some random app on the phone etc - requires the person to have a (rooted!) Android phone. Even ignoring iOS, not a whole lot of people are rooted these days...

And then there is everyone on iOS.
Exactly what I mean, so far TX has offer a portable solution everyone skipped over.

I think someone made a raspberry pi setup which was larger than TX's dongle in an another thread?
If the TX's hardware is really only $50 then it's roughly a $20 price difference then it's worth the convince of not carrying around bulky hardware/wires.

I think the modding community should look into making cheap dongle, if we're going to be required to use the jig/software boot for awhile.
I could care less about TX's software but if dongle is something that could be use to make

I could care less about TX's software but if dongle is something that could be use to make Atmosphere switch boot with convince then it should be looked into.

Last edited by KingMoogle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1