New TV

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heya,

I'm really about to buy a new TV to replace my 20 year old Sony (This guy cannot die and is still superb for an crt).

The reasons why I want to replace it:

- 16:9 TV, While I have no problems with black borders I have a problem when I'm missing out some parts of the screen because the 16:9 view is stretched on my 4:3 TV and I'm missing some space left and right. this seems to be a problem with the TV because 2 receivers I tested show the same results on this TV although they work on another 4:3 TV

- my DVB-T receiver is crap. it was crap when I bought it, but it was cheap...well if I'll buy a new TV I could also get one with a built-in receiver

- use the LCD TV as PC monitor as well. well my EIZO 17 incher is great, but 1280*1024 is really annoying sometimes...so I could replace this one as well

and the last one:

- bigger screen! the ~20" of my old TV are okay, but something bigger should really be nice
smile.gif

so I've found the Toshiba REGZA RV635 to be a good choice and I'm really excited, but I cannot decide on size: 32",37",42"

they have all the same specs despite the size

which one would you choose?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's for your bedroom I'd choose the 32" inch one because a 42" inch one would be way too overwhelming in a bedroom. However if it's for a living room or something I'd pick the 42".

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
david432111 said:
If it's for your bedroom I'd choose the 32" inch one because a 42" inch one would be way too overwhelming in a bedroom. However if it's for a living room or something I'd pick the 42".

Ditto on this one.

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, since I'm still living and my parent's house I'll use this one in a room which is my living room + bedroom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the one i installed has the voices from the latam dub of the anime