Gaming New Trick in Mario Kart 8

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I suppose this is the part where a "RTFM" would be in order. Both the boosts from drifing and from flipping are explained in the manual, so...sorry, but it's not exactly a new trick. :unsure:

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think the "trick" is to activate the drift boost right before a ramp, like Arras noted. From the YouTube video description: "Notice in the second video. The character jumps from an earlier position in the ballon to a further position in the main road, than in the first video."

This isn't all that new if you just learn the game's mechanics. :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
M8 that's old news, that has been around since Mario kart on the Wii you just press your trigger when you bounce and it gives you a boost mostly used when you go over a bump or a tree stump etc..! you can even do it on MK7 on the 3DS.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
This is not:

- Pressing R while on air to do the tricks (he did it in both videos)
- Using Turbos (he didn't use mushrooms and did the drift turbo in the same way in both sections)

However in the second part he jumped more than in the first one, the issue is finding how! :O

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This is not:

- Pressing R while on air to do the tricks (he did it in both videos)
- Using Turbos (he didn't use mushrooms and did the drift turbo in the same way in both sections)

However in the second part he jumped more than in the first one, the issue is finding how! :O

No, if you bounce high enough or bounce of a corner high enough after power sliding and press your trigger it gives you a boost, that's all it is, nothing new.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, if you bounce high enough or bounce of a corner high enough after power sliding and press your trigger it gives you a boost, that's all it is, nothing new.
that's exactly what it is. also you have to push jump as you get to the very edge of the ramp and you go higher. nothing new i've been doing it since day one. anything you drive over you can use the jump boost it even works when the track is wobbly on rainbow road, you can continuously do it on the eel in that water level and even on the snow mounds in wario ski level. it's not the only parts either but i'm not giving away all the secrets :P

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans