Website
Visit site
XP
Country
--=[ TRAINER DAT ]=--

14 New trainers added.

Thanks to Cht4Ever for spotting an error
smile.gif

The Trainer DAT now contains 230 releases !!

HOMEPAGE - www.gbasaves.com[/p]

tonyrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, was the error that trainer that was off by a couple of #'s =p. Also, do you think we'll see a patch DAT file anytime soon? (I'll offer my help for this)

KenshinMan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a simple question....what the heck is a trainer?? I've been seeing stuff like that all over ther these rom sites..and I'm wondering..what is a trainer?? Im interested...

tonyrayo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That like saying it's stupid to cheat on an easy test, some things may be harder for other people. Specifically a trainer has the ability to patch a game file to change gameplay (IE, infinate lives, unlock levels, etc).

kiwibonga

Trophies
Website
www.kiwibonga.com
XP
Country
France
To be more exact, a trainer directly modifies memory locations while a program is running to alter something in the game, very much like a gameshark or action replay would. Patches however modify the rom itself.

Very often a trainer will be in the form of a patch which will embed the trainer within the rom! For PC games trainers are most often external programs, yet, for older platforms such as the Amiga, trainers would be put directly in the programs themselves even though they were capable of multitasking... Go figure!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass