New trailer for "The Conduit"

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by MillionsKnives, May 17, 2008.

1. MillionsKnives
    OP

MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2006
    United States
    I searched around on here and I only saw a few posts for this game over a month ago. I'm not sure if there is a lot of hype by people for this game to be good or not.

I just came across this on IGN yesterday, and wasn't sure if everyone got a chance to look at it yet. To me, this looks like the FPS game that we have been waiting for on the Wii for some time, I can only hope there is some form of WiFi multiplayer.

The Conduit Trailer @ IGN

It seems like it could easily by one of the best Independently developed titles for the Wii so far, and hopefully is a sign of good things to come among the massive amounts of terrible games that have flooded the Wii. Unbelievably though, this game still does not have a publisher yet. Hopefully enough people will show their support for it, and maybe High Voltage’s Quantum3 gameplay engine will be used in future Wii games to come.

I can't wait to play this with the Nyko PerfectShot!

[​IMG]

2. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    Graphic = Nice
    Gameplay - Generic Shooter

i hope im wrong about the gameplay but from what i see it just looks like and average shooter

3. lou_weed

lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2008
    Iceland
    We need more FPS's for the wii , hope it'll be good.
    If it includes an online component - awesome.

4. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    It's highly impossible, but I wish they would have Time Crisis for the Wii. I love that game.

5. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Online multiplayer mode and i will love High Voltage forever.

6. Gamesphere

Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2006
    United States
    It's only this and Mad World that have me believe the Wii may not be doomed after all...

7. lou_weed

lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2008
    Iceland
    listen at the end of the video , it says :

- "Mr. Ford , Deathmatch authorized. "
    - "Is about damn time" .

8. King Zargo

King Zargo I'm a Star

Aug 29, 2007
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Looks pretty cool I cant wait for more info on the game.

9. The Teej

The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

Former Staff
    Jun 27, 2004
    England
    I agree with this actually. This game needs a great storyline otherwise it's going to come out like a glorified tech demo.

10. lou_weed

lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2008
    Iceland
    I never played Halo , does it have a great storyline ?

11. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Halo? yeah.

12. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    the 'living' weapons system reminds me of prey, which is great because prey had some fantastic weapons! looks great

13. Sotoro

Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Looks like a N64 game...

14. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    ^Does it take much effort or does being that ignorant come naturally?

Anyways, watched this and read up little things around before it to me looked like something truly special is coming and I can see why IGN hypes the crap out of it so some closeminded publisher will wake up and shovel this out as it looks fantastic and by the clip like a decent challenge too combined with some really unique features. Can't wait to learn more as I'd be highly tempted.

I've also heard from my brother who works for Volition(THQ) the engine itself is up for grabs too and it's far capable to do much more and obviously far beyond what currently is on the market for the Wii so that's encouraging. Perhaps someone competent will pick up the full package rights and do something special.

15. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    That's really untrue, try looking at some N64 FPS games and you'll see that. To me its more like an 2004 Xbox game, for me that'll do, never been that much of a graphic whore.

Graphically, beats most of what devs do for the Wii that's for sure, I'm more interested in the weapons and enemies there are in this trailer, sure if it was on the 360/PS3 I'll only be slightly interested in this but the Wii has nothing like this at all, the closest probably is Metroid Prime 3 and even then that's more adventure/puzzle than FPS.

16. dogman

dogman GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2007
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Santiago, Chile
    i wish the story mixes MIB with the X files, throwing a bit of "Conspiracy Theory".

I agree with the posts above, it looks great, but it needs one damn good story.

17. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    illuminati [​IMG]