New trailer for 51 Worldwide Games showcases game modes

Players can get cosy with friends and family to enjoy a diverse collection of timeless favourites in 51 Worldwide Games, which launches for Nintendo Switch on 5th June and is available for digital pre-load now. From ancient board games to modern classics, relaxing solitaire games to fast-paced toy sports, the collection includes games that have shaped cultures all around the world.

The newest 51 Worldwide Games - Overview Trailer not only shows the wide variety of game types to be enjoyed in local and online multiplayer, but also the different modes players can use. The Nintendo Switch console can be placed flat on the table between players to turn it into a virtual game board for some head-to-head action, and the perspective also adjusts to provide the optimal view.

Players can also connect up to four systems via local communication to enjoy social favourites such as Texas Hold ’em in local multiplayer or head online to play with friends or be matched with rivals around the world.

With Mosaic Mode, up to four consoles can be connected via local communication and lined up to form one big playing area. They can even be arranged in different ways to change the layout.

All games come with short, narrated introductions to get players started with the basics, while step-by-step tutorials provide in-depth strategies and tips for more challenging games. There are also interesting facts about each game to check out, for example the fact that the boxing “ring” got its name, because originally it was formed by people standing in a circle and holding hands.

Depending on the game, players can also experiment with different control options like, button and touch controls – or motion controls for games like Bowling or Darts.

"There’s a world of games waiting to be discovered when 51 Worldwide Games launches for Nintendo Switch on 5th June. Check out the new trailer for a look at the diverse range of game types, modes and playstyles on offer in this collection of classic tabletop games from around the globe. 51 Worldwide Games is available for digital pre-load from Nintendo eShop now."

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: 51 Worldwide Games Official Site

D

Deleted User

Remember people, This made it past the ds era, and flipnote studio did not.
for the best

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey buddy do you wanna play this ugly ass swi-
oh yeah i don't have a switch
and i don't have the game
and i have no friends

CactusMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suggest playing this game in the darkest alley you can find around town. That way you´ll be robbed and contract Corona in 1 game session.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that in North America (the U.S. specifically), this game is entitled Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics.

This borrows a lot from the original DS game Clubhouse Games and the Wii-series game Wii Play. It may also have some elements of Wii Sports, though it appears simplified to favor button and touchscreen controls instead of allowing you to mimic the actual movement like Wii Sports did. I suppose that's because it will also be played on the Switch Lite, though having that ability wouldn't hurt for Switch owners who want to get their heart pumping.

I'm hoping that Nintendo has more sequels of past games planned for the future, like the successor of the Wii Fit series (and not just Ring Fit Adventures). Switch Fit, it could be called! Anyhow, I look forward to getting this title.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I might get it just for something to play when I am bored.

It's not like It's going to cost me a whole lot :P

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still wanna know if we can use the LABO piano with the piano app in this game. Seems logical and feasible, other Nintendo games have added in certain forms of LABO support via patches.

Also, this collection of games really feels like it should have a Nintendo take on the Puzz Loop/Magnetica series as an included game.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, and unexpectedly, Clubhouse games was one of my most played games on DS. I think what was key was that it had download play, practically everyone I knew had a DS, and people already know how to play most of the games. (plus it basically had a better version of PictoChat built-in, which was something decently exciting for the time)

These days I don't know if I'm going to find 3 friends who own a Switch and want to play this locally (but maybe some day?), but it sounds like it'd be a decent time playing with some friends online w/ voice chat.

.. Also they removed 'I Doubt It' (aka Bullshit) from the list of card games– That was one of my favorites.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Awww, this looks too good :wub:

I'm a sucker for these kinds of games. Although, I think some of the names sound a bit... funny. Maybe they use the proper English names for the games, except for UNO which I guess just avoids trademarks and stuff.
(I always thought it was just called "Go" and not "Gomoku" or that "Renegade" was actually called "Othello" ... Or that "Draughts" was called "Checkers")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment