1. 2,945

Front-page
    Players can get cosy with friends and family to enjoy a diverse collection of timeless favourites in 51 Worldwide Games, which launches for Nintendo Switch on 5th June and is available for digital pre-load now. From ancient board games to modern classics, relaxing solitaire games to fast-paced toy sports, the collection includes games that have shaped cultures all around the world.

The newest 51 Worldwide Games - Overview Trailer not only shows the wide variety of game types to be enjoyed in local and online multiplayer, but also the different modes players can use. The Nintendo Switch console can be placed flat on the table between players to turn it into a virtual game board for some head-to-head action, and the perspective also adjusts to provide the optimal view.

Players can also connect up to four systems via local communication to enjoy social favourites such as Texas Hold ’em in local multiplayer or head online to play with friends or be matched with rivals around the world.

With Mosaic Mode, up to four consoles can be connected via local communication and lined up to form one big playing area. They can even be arranged in different ways to change the layout.

All games come with short, narrated introductions to get players started with the basics, while step-by-step tutorials provide in-depth strategies and tips for more challenging games. There are also interesting facts about each game to check out, for example the fact that the boxing “ring” got its name, because originally it was formed by people standing in a circle and holding hands.

Depending on the game, players can also experiment with different control options like, button and touch controls – or motion controls for games like Bowling or Darts.

"There’s a world of games waiting to be discovered when 51 Worldwide Games launches for Nintendo Switch on 5th June. Check out the new trailer for a look at the diverse range of game types, modes and playstyles on offer in this collection of classic tabletop games from around the globe. 51 Worldwide Games is available for digital pre-load from Nintendo eShop now."

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow: 51 Worldwide Games Official Site

JavaScribe, Henx, Mr. Looigi and 3 others like this.
  2. Discussion (37 replies)

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    HELL YEAH, SOLITAIRE! THE GREATEST MOST EPIC GAME NEXT TO RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS! START NOW FOR FREE! XD

4. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Remember people, This made it past the ds era, and flipnote studio did not.

5. HylianBran

HylianBran For your Phantomile...

United States
    Chess. Yay. Chess.

Al3need44 and ChicoPancho like this.
  6. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

United States
    I'm actually really looking forward to this!

Icey, Issac and bubolechka like this.
  7. James_

James_ - ̗̀New ̖́- GBAtemp Meowstic XL

United Kingdom
    This is going to be a Game of the Year nominee I know it

8. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Founder of Woolooism

United States
    Typo. Plz fix. :)

9. bigfatToni

bigfatToni GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    for the best

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

hey buddy do you wanna play this ugly ass swi-
    oh yeah i don't have a switch
    and i don't have the game
    and i have no friends

10. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I could only say that for miiverse.

11. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Bunch of generic minigames worthy of play market. Skip.

ChicoPancho likes this.
  12. bigfatToni

bigfatToni GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    miiverse wasn't that bad

ChicoPancho likes this.
  13. CactusMan

CactusMan Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I suggest playing this game in the darkest alley you can find around town. That way you´ll be robbed and contract Corona in 1 game session.

14. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    Keep in mind that in North America (the U.S. specifically), this game is entitled Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics.

This borrows a lot from the original DS game Clubhouse Games and the Wii-series game Wii Play. It may also have some elements of Wii Sports, though it appears simplified to favor button and touchscreen controls instead of allowing you to mimic the actual movement like Wii Sports did. I suppose that's because it will also be played on the Switch Lite, though having that ability wouldn't hurt for Switch owners who want to get their heart pumping.

I'm hoping that Nintendo has more sequels of past games planned for the future, like the successor of the Wii Fit series (and not just Ring Fit Adventures). Switch Fit, it could be called! Anyhow, I look forward to getting this title.

15. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    THE MOST DIFFUCULT PART OF THIS GAME:
    Find a real-physical-irl friend to play with. Pepehands

16. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    Idiocy attached to American spelling without realizing that the majority of English-speaking countries use a slightly different set of spelling rules. Plz fix.

boomy likes this.
  17. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Eh, I might get it just for something to play when I am bored.

It's not like It's going to cost me a whole lot :P

18. JuanMena

JuanMena WARNING: I make bad jokes all the time.

Mexico
    Does it has Manitas Calientes?
    I don't think so!

19. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I still wanna know if we can use the LABO piano with the piano app in this game. Seems logical and feasible, other Nintendo games have added in certain forms of LABO support via patches.

Also, this collection of games really feels like it should have a Nintendo take on the Puzz Loop/Magnetica series as an included game.

Last edited by MikaDubbz, May 18, 2020
  20. Alato

Alato GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Honestly, and unexpectedly, Clubhouse games was one of my most played games on DS. I think what was key was that it had download play, practically everyone I knew had a DS, and people already know how to play most of the games. (plus it basically had a better version of PictoChat built-in, which was something decently exciting for the time)

These days I don't know if I'm going to find 3 friends who own a Switch and want to play this locally (but maybe some day?), but it sounds like it'd be a decent time playing with some friends online w/ voice chat.

.. Also they removed 'I Doubt It' (aka Bullshit) from the list of card games– That was one of my favorites.

21. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Awww, this looks too good :wub:

I'm a sucker for these kinds of games. Although, I think some of the names sound a bit... funny. Maybe they use the proper English names for the games, except for UNO which I guess just avoids trademarks and stuff.
    (I always thought it was just called "Go" and not "Gomoku" or that "Renegade" was actually called "Othello" ... Or that "Draughts" was called "Checkers")

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Worldwide, showcases, trailer