1. 2,575

Front-page
    AWE.PNG

The second expansion for Remedy Entertainment's critically acclaimed title Control got a release date yesterday during Sony's State of Play event. And today, a brand-new trailer was released along with more details of the Altered World Events (AWE) Expansion, which is also said to be the game's last expansion.

Control's AWE expansion releases on August 27. Players who own the Digital Deluxe version of Control for PlayStation 4 and season pass holders on all platforms will automatically receive the expansion. Those who own the base game for PC and consoles can purchase the expansion season pass for £19.99, which also comes with the previously released expansion, The Foundation, along with AWE when it releases on August 27. Expansions can also be purchased separately on all platforms available for £11.99 each.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

2. Discussion (12 replies)

3. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    whoa whoa whoa. is that Alan Wake by the end of trailer?

TheCasualties and Prans like this.
  4. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

yup :) probably we'll see more of him in this expansion as the description says

eriol33 and TheCasualties like this.
  5. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    The main game has several references, and somewhat lengthy reports, about the Alan Wake/ Bright Falls event. Looks like this expansion goes into even more depth about what happened!

Really looking forward to this! AWE's are the most interesting part of the game lore to me (and the altered objects/OOP), and exploring the investigations sector sounds like it will give lots more lore!
    Fingers crossed for a great boss fight, and maybe a new ability!

eriol33 and Prans like this.
  6. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    Looking forward to this. Control is a fucking excellent game.

Prans likes this.
  7. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Keep meaning to play this, bought it some time ago on pc just haven't got round to it, got the season pass last night to try and reinvigorate myself to play.

Ill get to it soon

Last edited by yusuo, Aug 7, 2020
    TheCasualties likes this.
  8. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    "Remedy Entertainment's critically" - legit?

So does anyone here genuinely like this game?

I tried it at release, but couldn't get into it. The shooting mechanics felt decent, but I just couldn't enjoy the game.

9. Prans

Senior Editor

depends how long you've played it. you get abilities down the line which turns pretty much everything in the environment into a weapon, which is pretty cool to work with

10. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I had never heard of this game till i came across it in walmart on clearance this morning. Paid $10 for it figuring what the hell it sounds cool. Then come on here and see this and all the comments. Sounds like i may enjoy this little gem

11. rehevkor

rehevkor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweet... really enjoyed Control but I LOVED Alan Wake. Inject this into my VEINS.

Prans likes this.
  12. ClickCLK

ClickCLK Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Yep. I do. Very, very much.

13. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Control is that one game that makes me feel like a super powered Jean grey by the end of game. It's an amazing experience.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

With the success of Control and its DLCs, here I am hoping to see a sequel. will we ever get one?

14. Prans

Senior Editor

We're more likely to receive another new game set in the same universe imo now that we have the Alan Wake-Control tie in

eriol33 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - expansion, released, Controls