new touch pad needed

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by spastro, Aug 14, 2007.

Aug 14, 2007

new touch pad needed by spastro at 12:04 PM (687 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. spastro
    OP

Newcomer spastro Advanced Member

Australia
    OK well yesterday night i noticed my screen was not calibrating properly and after playing with the calibration software today i made it get even worse. then my touch screen stopped working all together.

I got frustrated and thought i would have to buy a replacement touch screen anyway, so i peeled off the top layer of the touch screen, the one with the white frame around. I did it to see if there was anything jammed under the edge of the sides, but you cant get under there as easy as you could on the old ds.

After i had totally removed the plastic top half of the touch screen combined with the frame i thought about the replacement touch screen.

Will it comes with this top layer as well as this white frame as well?

also, i found one store in Sydney Australia that will install the screen for me, Does anyone know any others in Sydney that will repair the unit for me?

thanks in advance.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    The replacement will not come with the white frame, as that is part of your DSL. I don't think so at least, the product pictures certainly don't show it.

3. spastro
    OP

Australia
    well when i pulled it off, it came glued to the plastic touch bad of the ds lite.

If i get a new touch bad how do you apply the white frame to the new pad?

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You could use some light adhesive I guess, something that is similar to the original frame. You just need enough to keep it firmly in place.

I'm surprised you didn't bend the frame. When I tried to pull mine off I stopped half way since it felt like it was going to snap (in fact it felt like cardboard)

5. spastro
    OP

Australia
    its very flexible, but when i pulled it off it also pulled of the top layer of the touch pad.

6. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    I doubt it will come with the plastic thing, because if it did, it would have to come in white, black, and pink, and other colors for the blues and silvers available in Asia.

As for replacing the screen, why don't you do it yourself? All you need is a triwing screwdriver, which are $3 at http://www.emvee.ca/ They also sell the replacement touch screen so you might want to check them out for a one stop shop, as they also provide free shipping. I've ordered a touch screen replacement from them before to fix my friend's DS, and it came with simple instructions. If you do decide to do it yourself, feel free to ask me along the way on how to do it.

7. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Or you could go with dealextreme.

Touchscreen 16 AUD

Triwing Screwdriver 1.15AUD

All up that would be around 18AUD. How much will it be for your DS to be repaired by the guys in Sydney?