Hacking New to XBOX360 hacking

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, there probably is a post with this, i've lurked, but it didn't quite answered my questions.

So anywho, I recently bought the Gears of War 3 special edition xbox360, and I'de like very much to hack it to play it's awesome games.
From what I read, I have to open the xbox to fully know what it's in there so I can go from there.
But i'm scared to do that since I do not have a clue how and I'm afraid i might ruin the warranty.

So I ask you guys, how can I hack my new toy and which methods are safest and not too pricy, if i have to pay to get it very safe and stable then fine.

Thanks in advance

PS: From the tray, I think i have a BenQ

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
GoW3 special edition 360 (360 Slim) has a Liteon at best or a Hitachi at worst.

Yank open your 360 and look at your drive revision.
Then search for that drive in the Jungleflasher manual (comes with the download)

At best you'll have to install a Sputnik 360 (a quick solderboard)
At worst you'll have to do a Kamikaze hack (drilling in the chip)

You could always purchase a ODDE (costs around 100 bucks) or a replacement PCB (already unlocked and flashable with future FW updates and is slightly cheaper)

As for flashtools.
You'll have to get a X360 USB or a VIA PCI Sata card and a Connectivity kit (it's advised) and possibly a Probe3 (not sure for Slim drives anymore)

As for burning.
Verbatim DL's for XGD2 and XGD3.
A Liteon iHAS B burner is needed to burn the new 8.4 GB iso's (and stay safe)

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woah, lots of stuff xD, thank you for the info.
Will give feedback soon on the opening

So basicly, if I have a Liteon i'll have to get a Sputnik, if not then i'll have to go through the dark and hard way.. crap.
I was thinking in getting an xboxdock, because i prefer using backups, since it spres me dvd recordings

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Liteon drives have 2 chipsets.
MediaTEK and Winbond.

Iirc the MediaTEK one was the one that required a Kamikaze hack.

Anyway the Jungleflasher manual is the way to do it.
It's pretty noobfriendly;]

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Liteon drives have 2 chipsets.
MediaTEK and Winbond.

Iirc the MediaTEK one was the one that required a Kamikaze hack.

Anyway the Jungleflasher manual is the way to do it.
It's pretty noobfriendly;]

Mediatek are the manufacturer of the drive controller. They are all mediatek, it's the flash inside that is the problem. MXIC=Sputnik, Winbond=Kamikaze

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if your going to spend the money to have the drive flashed you might want to think about having the reset glitch hack done for a few pounds / dollars more. this will allow all backups to be run from HDD without use of any disc (save money on buying blank discs) and allow dlc and XBLA games to be run from HDD as well as allows homebrew. this is the best option for the 360, as long as you do not want to play on LIVE. but even with just a flashed drive this is a gamble..........................sudeki300

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep live capabilities, you could go for a dual NAND. This will allow you switch between a live enabled dash and a hacked dash. Also DLC on an RGH/Jtag console is only executable from an "internal" HDD, while everything else can be ran from a USB device.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not mind the LIVE, but using backups would be ideal.
Thanks for the feedback, i'll be sure to check in once I open my xbox, got'a find tutorial.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RGHing your console allows for a lot more but beware.

Even Slims need additional cooling to keep themselves alive so your box will be a little more noisier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao