Hacking New to Xbox 360

perozdero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I am new to the console world (in fact don't own one at the moment) and I am thinking of buying a Xbox 360 since they have some nice deals here and you can get the console with 2 controllers and 4 games for 250 euros. Before I buy one however I would like to ask few questions and I hope it is not against the rules or has not been answered before.

1. I would like to know, is the sole reason for flashing your XBOX to play back ups or do you get other functionality not available on the original?

2. When flashed is it possible to play games of the hard drive instead of burning them?

3. Is it safe to play downloaded games offline only, and my originals online and what is the best method to do this?

And finally \is there a way to see if which drive I will have in the XBOX slim, since I see only certain drives are flashable? I am thinking between xbox 10th anniversary bundle or the starter pack if it makes any difference? Or should i look just for the games i like because there is no guaranteeing of the drive you are going to end up with?

Thnx

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. I would like to know, is the sole reason for flashing your XBOX to play back ups or do you get other functionality not available on the original?

Flashed consoles can ONLY play backupped DVD's

2. When flashed is it possible to play games of the hard drive instead of burning them?

That would require an ODDE (like the WODE)
It will set you back around 100 euro's.

3. Is it safe to play downloaded games offline only, and my originals online and what is the best method to do this?

Correctly patched backups can be played online and offline.

The best 360 is a 360 Phat from 2009 since those are relatively easy to flash.
Any 360 Slim would require additional hardware/risky hacks or the unlucky Hitachi's that cannot be flashed.

Reactions: 1 person

perozdero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thx for the info, I am not interested in playing back up games online only my original copies. If I buy the wasabi360 or the xk3y do I still need to flash to play the back ups offline?

So even a slim with a lite-on drive needs these hacks? The hardware/risky hacks, do they require soldering? I would basically want to be able to do it on my own, and I have experience with normal soldering electronics (such us motherboards and stuff) but right now I have only normal solder iron and not a SMD one.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Wasabi 360 can extract the DVD keys without any 3rd party tools iirc.
So thats just plug and play.

If you want to use DVD backups then yes.
Slim drives need a Sputnik 360 (soldering) or a Kamikaze hack (drilling into the chip to send a unlock signal) to gain write access.

Online or offline, you still NEED to patch your backups.
Invalid Topology data is a guaranteed flag, and having a flag inside your NAND means that you're prone to be flagged server side (once you connect to XBLive) and after a while you'll receive a ban message.

Patching backups can be done with ABGX 1.0.6.
It's advised to patch every backup atleast twice (so that ABGX gives it all green.

perozdero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All right thnx a lot for the info, I am looking into some used Xbox 360. A 2009 model would then be the Jasper platform meaning a Xbox Arcade with internal memory card or Xbox Elite with 250GB or 120GB with 150W power adapter, correct?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
360's made in 2009 are either Jaspers or Kronosses (the Kronos is a small revision which is heavily based upon the Jasper) both are the same (except for the heatsinks) and are rated at 150w yes.

You can gut a 360 Slim drive and stick it in a HDD casing of a Phat or use hddhackr and hack a 320 GB drive and plonk it into a HDD casing of a Phat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: