Hacking New to Wii U hacking, pleas help me.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

After reading some threads it seems like its possible to hack the Nintendo Wii U? Today I have a Nintendo Wii and a Microsoft XBox 360 that are both hacked by a professional, I have however updated them myself.

The Nintendo Wii U I got now is a Nintendo Wii U Premium that was bought a couple of years ago.

Is there any way to hack it so I could run Nintendo Wii U roms from a USB or likewize? And If so, what do I need to do?

BestRegards

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hacking the wii u is very easy. I would use this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/mattkimuras-wii-u-hacking-guide.462121/

Great, I was suggested this URL from another https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki but MattKimura seems to be more up to date.

What should I think about before doing this? I understand that there is always risks but is it possible to go back to a original state later on? Will I be able to update the software though Nintendo or will I have to do this manually in the future?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What should I think about before doing this? I understand that there is always risks but is it possible to go back to a original state later on? Will I be able to update the software though Nintendo or will I have to do this manually in the future?
You don't need to think about anything
You can uninstall CBHC and CFW
You can update your games with nintendos native updater if you use nnupatcher or you can update the games manually with wup installer.

Reactions: SnowJim

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to think about anything
You can uninstall CBHC and CFW
You can update your games with nintendos native updater if you use nnupatcher or you can update the games manually with wup installer.

Sounds great, I will give it a try, have a 64 GB SD :)

Took a fast look at this video and it seems simple, I will ofcouse follow the guide you pointed me to.

Thanks!

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I read that a USB storage other then the SD(in my case 64 GB) is mandatory?

- A USB storage device such as an external HDD or flash drive for backups

So I can´t install Wii U games direcly on the SD card?

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can play games directy of the sd with loadiine or use wupinstaller gx2 to install the games to your console or usb ,just get the game of wiiu usb helper put the files on the sd and then install

Motron9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are essentially the same thing. "Coldbooting" refers to starting the CFW (custom firmware) at boot. You will only need this for installing DLC or installing/booting Virtual Console/out of region games. If you only want to load games/updates from your consoles' region then the regular system firmware will do what you need.

Your options for CFW:

1. Load homebrew launcher/channel and run Mocha CFW.

2. Install and boot Haxchi while holding A (i think, check the config.txt). This will run HaxchiFW.

3. Install Coldboot Haxchi and have CFW at boot. You will need to install regualr Haxchi first (requires purchase of a compatible DS VC game, Brain Age is $6.99).

For downloading your games I use Wii U USB helper. For installation I use WUP installer mod Y, unless I have an issue, the. I use WUP installer GX. Last night Zelda update wouldnt install with Mod Y but worked fine with GX..go figure.

Hope this helps. I personally tried #2 and didnt have much luck but Mocha worked fine for me. Not sure what i did wrong but luckily there are a couple different options for the various Wii U hacking procedures.

Last edited by Motron9000,

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Have now installed the CFW and activated it by using the browser/Mocha CFW. I will try to install some Wii U games and see how it goes.

In the guide it says that EUR users should set another DNS? Where do I find this?

So If I hold button(maybe A) in the menu the CFW will install and be used at the next boot up? This makes it possible to run VConsol and DLC, how would I go back to the CFW through browser after that? Is it just another restart?

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I will try that!

I got the new Zelda and Splatton as WUD files, the guide suggests using WUD2App to unpack it? Is this a Wii U app in the CFW or is it a application I use on my Windows computer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To get Zelda working some suggested using haxchi and use the WUP installer GX2 for the update? This does not say me much, pleas help.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, I have read that, you are however the first to suggest it for me. So its a valid source, the question is, why should i follow that guide instead of the one I got in this thread? What is the difference?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried to convert my wud file with this : https://github.com/FIX94/wud2app/releases/tag/v1.1u3

H:\test>wud2app v-tlzbwr.wud
wud2app v1.1u3 by FIX94
Failed to open game_part1.wud!

Is the wud faulted? Or what am I doing wrong?

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of the wud2app I tried the Uwizard from here. I entered the Title code (0A86710661B48CBC08F51DE03ED7423E), no validation and the common key(D7B00402659BA2ABD2CB0DB27FA2B656) according to this video.

I followed the guide here like this :

1) Put your SD into your Wii U and launch the browser
2) Go to loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK then choose Mocha CFW from the list and it'll reboot to the home menu with patches enabled
3) Go to loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK then choose WUP Installer GX2 from the list
4) Scroll through the list and tap the backups you want to install. You can also choose "Select all"
5) Choose Install, then select whether you want to install the game to the system or to a USB storage device

but I get failed after the WUP Installer GX2 relauches? I tried both NAND and USB? So I suspect that the WUP files from the UWizard is not correct?

D

Deleted User

UWizard is really old and doesn't work anymore. [Well it does but who uses Loadiine nowadays, that's like installing redNAND and hoping it doesn't corrupt itself!]
Most user friendly program for grabbing stuff from NUS: Wii U USB Helper [Linked by jeannotte]
Download stuff from there and use "Copy to SD" feature [It removes useless symbols etc.]

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I will take a look on the links.

I have tried using the DiscU 4.1 to extract the files for the Zelda and that worked great, but WUP Installer GX2 still fails to install, no specifics givven.

I am mounting the SD card in the SD slot, is this okay? When mounting it in the USB I get failed to mount when visiting loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK? I have tried both USB ports. I Only have 1 SD that is 64 GB and this can be mounted in a USB adapter.

Maybe it fails becouse I dont have the SD card mounted in the USB slot? Why it fails when chooseing NAND is however strange.

Maybe I need to use the SD card for the Homebrew applications and then another USB driver on the USB to install the games on?

D

Deleted User

Thanks! I will take a look on the links.

I have tried using the DiscU 4.1 to extract the files for the Zelda and that worked great, but WUP Installer GX2 still fails to install, no specifics givven.

I am mounting the SD card in the SD slot, is this okay? When mounting it in the USB I get failed to mount when visiting loadiine.ovh/550/HBLK? I have tried both USB ports. I Only have 1 SD that is 64 GB and this can be mounted in a USB adapter.

Maybe it fails becouse I dont have the SD card mounted in the USB slot? Why it fails when chooseing NAND is however strange.

Maybe I need to use the SD card for the Homebrew applications and then another USB driver on the USB to install the games on?
SDCard in USB gets mounted as USB drive, not SDCard. Use SDCard adapter [That big thing where you can slide your mini SDCard in]
Make sure HBL is in wiiu/apps not wiiu/

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SDCard in USB gets mounted as USB drive, not SDCard. Use SDCard adapter [That big thing where you can slide your mini SDCard in]
Make sure HBL is in wiiu/apps not wiiu/

I have SanDisk Ultra 64 GB Micro SDHC class 10 that i mount in a SanDisk SDCard Adapter that is mounted in a USB adapter :

SDHC > SDCard Adapter > Wii U - This will work to load the CFW and its aps but I can´t install games on it from WUP Installer GX2
SDHC > SDCard Adapter > USB Adapter > Wii U - When visiting the loadiine it fails to mount, Have tried both the USB ports on the Wii. The USB Adapter works well in several other devices around the house.

So Right now it seems like I cant yous any of the USB for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it