Hacking New to Wii U hacking, pleas help me.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What? Jesus. You can get 1TB hard drives for £65! And yes, you can install to NAND. You say you the premium Wii U with 32gb NAND, then install to NAND - at least for this one game.

Have you even read this thread? I have tried to install to NAND more then twice and with and without the RedNAND but it just fails?

And no, I will probably not pay $70 for a harddrive if Im not first sure if this will work.

If it is supose to work to install to NAND the way I have stated that I have tried, then there is probably some other problems more then not able to write to HD.

Reactions: puss2puss

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you even read this thread? I have tried to install to NAND more then twice and with and without the RedNAND but it just fails?

And no, I will probably not pay $70 for a harddrive if Im not first sure if this will work.

If it is supose to work to install to NAND the way I have stated that I have tried, then there is probably some other problems more then not able to write to HD.

How do you know your game files are good? Did you try more than one game? $70 is cheap considering everyone on here (more or less) got it working so its not like it doesn't work. You did say $700 though which is why I was surprised! I though it must be damn expensive over there.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems like there is something wrong with the files :( I tried a game from Wii U USB Help and that works fine to install to the NAND with WupInstaller y mod.

So I will fix the cable(will need it enyway while no 2.5 disk here comes with it) and look in to why the files I got do not work.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe yeas I did write a zero to much on the price.

I have now bought the cable and will try to extract the game(Zelda) from the WUD with DiscU again and hope that it works this time.

A question, will the installed games(NAND or USB) run from the dash without entering RedNAND? OR should I always run RedNand when running these games from storage?

D

Deleted User

Hehe yeas I did write a zero to much on the price.

I have now bought the cable and will try to extract the game(Zelda) from the WUD with DiscU again and hope that it works this time.

A question, will the installed games(NAND or USB) run from the dash without entering RedNAND? OR should I always run RedNand when running these games from storage?
"redNAND" *screams in pain*
Dude if we say "Use Mocha CFW" we mean without redNAND, just use sysnand patching it provides [Without need for redNAND]

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I said, Im new to this so Im still trying to learn.

So pleas help me out here :

sysNAND - Is the system menu that is shown on a brand new Wii U
NAND - Refers to the internal drive?
redNAND - This seems to be a emulated version of sysNand that can be runned from sysNAND or SDCard, I dont think I have this setup at all?
CFW - This is a custom firmware that lets me run custom applications, how this integrates to the system I do not know but it has to be started after every boot by visiting a website.

Is this correct? Could you fill in where i missed it?

D

Deleted User

As I said, Im new to this so Im still trying to learn.

So pleas help me out here :

sysNAND - Is the system menu that is shown on a brand new Wii U
NAND - Refers to the internal drive?
redNAND - This seems to be a emulated version of sysNand that can be runned from sysNAND or SDCard, I dont think I have this setup at all?
CFW - This is a custom firmware that lets me run custom applications, how this integrates to the system I do not know but it has to be started after every boot by visiting a website.

Is this correct? Could you fill in where i missed it?
redNAND - Redirected NAND. Redirects NAND requests to SDCard. Requires to have 64GB SDCard if you have 32GB Wii U, takes partition, has very high chance to corrupt itself.
The one you said is emuNAND which is not present since it's not needed.
CFW - For now, 'Custom Firmware' although all these do is just sigpatch sysNAND. [Stock FW with sigpatch basically] Allows you to run unsigned games, homebrew channels etc.
NAND - Wii U's Flash Memory, very valuable piece of this console, if it corrupts itself then you're pretty much done.
sysNAND - Wii U's Stock firmware. Mocha CFW/Haxchi CFW/CBHC CFW provide sigpatching and regionhax for it. Although CBHC provides sigpatching on boot process.

Reactions: SnowJim

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks alot!

When using applications like Wii U USB Helper to download a game, how does this really work? You point it to a ticket key database? What is this? Where is the games really fetched from? And will games from Wii U USB Helper be able to play online? Or is there settings that needs to be set for this?

Tried google but found most how to use it, not how it really works.

D

Deleted User

Thanks alot!

When using applications like Wii U USB Helper to download a game, how does this really work? You point it to a ticket key database? What is this? Where is the games really fetched from? And will games from Wii U USB Helper be able to play online? Or is there settings that needs to be set for this?

Tried google but found most how to use it, not how it really works.
It fetches tickets from that ticket site and then downloads games from NUS straight to your PC.
Yes, games from Wii U USB Helper can be played online, Nintendo can't verify if you pirated it or not.

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for your patience with me! Its now working properly and I understand a bit more of how it really works.

I did never get the VENOM version or any other Wii U game downloaded from torrent tracker working but versione som Wii U USB Helper worked great.

Last edited by SnowJim,
D

Deleted User

Thanks everyone for your patience with me! Its now working properly and I understand a bit more of how it really works.

I did never get the -snip- version or any other Wii U game downloaded from torrent tracker working but versione som Wii U USB Helper worked great.
Delete that torrent link site since it's against GBATemp rules to share any pirating site..

SnowJim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delete that torrent link site since it's against GBATemp rules to share any pirating site..

Thanks, dont know how it ended up there :( Fixed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More like about £45

In my country tis £60, but yes I will buy one now when I know that it works on my hardware. The cable hade to be bought anyway becouse no 2.5 disc in my location comes with it, or have a separate powersupply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol