Dark Wolf is watching
OP
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i have a Original Wii that is softmod, i did it myself, got all my stuff (games, apps and so-on) on USB HDD

i just got a Wii U the other day here are some of the details about it
Firmware: v5.5.1
FW70177247 [3]

I wanted to know what i need to do in order to have it hacked, playing back-ups of Wii U games, and also have the vWii hacked to play all the stuff the original Wii can

so can someone point me to the right guide that i should follow? (i have came across about 12 guides and i do not know what to follow)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Follow the stickied Difinitive Guide for hacking WiiU: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Short version, get homebrew launcher on your SD card, get Loadiine on your SD card, get ddd on your SD card, fire up the WiiU, go to Internet browser, type "wiiubru.com" into the url... Profit. Select ddd from the homebrew launcher to dump eshop titles or disc games to a server on your PC (can take a few hours depending on the size of the game). Put the code/content/meta folders from the game on your SD card in a game folder. Repeat the above instructions to get back into homebrew launcher and launch Loadiine to load the game you put on your SD card.

For more specific details, follow the guide I linked.

For hacking vWii, there's another guide in the stickies you can follow. I've not done it myself but the general gist of it is the same as soft modding your Wii (mailbombing, etc).

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
OP
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Follow the stickied Difinitive Guide for hacking WiiU: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Short version, get homebrew launcher on your SD card, get Loadiine on your SD card, get ddd on your SD card, fire up the WiiU, go to Internet browser, type "wiiubru.com" into the url... Profit. Select ddd from the homebrew launcher to dump eshop titles or disc games to a server on your PC (can take a few hours depending on the size of the game). Put the code/content/meta folders from the game on your SD card in a game folder. Repeat the above instructions to get back into homebrew launcher and launch Loadiine to load the game you put on your SD card.

For more specific details, follow the guide I linked.

For hacking vWii, there's another guide in the stickies you can follow. I've not done it myself but the general gist of it is the same as soft modding your Wii (mailbombing, etc).
Thank you, i will look at that

do you know if-and-or when we will be able to play Wii U games from USB HDD?

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thank you, i will look at that

do you know if-and-or when we will be able to play Wii U games from USB HDD?
Not yet, and not in the foreseeable future, until we get a public IOSU Hack (if you're gonna look that up, be careful, people will fuck you up yelling Noob, I have never experienced that, but many other users have,@Originality and I were kind not to)

Reactions: AACThaKid

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
OP
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, and not in the foreseeable future, until we get a public IOSU Hack (if you're gonna look that up, be careful, people will fuck you up yelling Noob, I have never experienced that, but many other users have,@Originality and I were kind not to)
I GREATLY thank you both for that.

I have been out of the wii/wii u stuff for some time(2 years)... and by luck the other day i got a wii u for my wife and I, so now i gotta get back into things, GBAtemp has always had good info. and sometimes good people to ask.

again thank you for the info.

Last edited by AACThaKid,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For vWii, which in my opinion has a lot more to offer at the current moment (but not as much going on, if that makes sense), follow my guide, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

The process is mostly the same as the original Wii, with some definite places of divergence. For instance, no mailbomb or bannerbomb, you have to have a game. Click the gameboxes in my guide to be taken to an automatic amazon search for them at lowest price. If you use a USB HDD, you will most likely need a Y-Cable, explained in my guide's Requirements and Setup section under "Installing USB Loader GX." Forwarder Channels have to be "vWii-ified" or you could run the risk of screwing something up. Lastly, there are also special cIOS and IOS 236 apps that only work for vWii. Do not use normal Wii cIOS installers, you will get wrekt.

D

Deleted User

The stickies will explain how to get exploits working and get games and things like that. You can't use USB with HBL or exploits because we don't have an IOSU exploit. There way be one when the NX comes out but that's just speculation

D

Deleted User

It's nice to see people helping instead of bashing for once. You guys are awesome for helping them out!
Lmao yeah. Back when I learked back in 2013 I saw so much bashing going on. Somebody would say something like "HEY just spitballing here but would it be possible to run GBA on R4" and people would just attack him. "OMG DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE ASKING US"

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see people helping instead of bashing for once. You guys are awesome for helping them out!
"for once"? Come on. That's all we do here. The more mature users just sit back and watch the bashing and don't participate. The angsty teenagers always get up in arms and release their tensions on the interwebs.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"for once"? Come on. That's all we do here. The more mature users just sit back and watch the bashing and don't participate. The angsty teenagers always get up in arms and release their tensions on the interwebs.
Ok I agree. Lately I see a lot of hate going on in this forum and it was nice to see people helping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr