Hacking New to vita, some questions before I start

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On so I've got a friend who asked me to hack his vita for him, (lml I told him I didn't know how, but he insisted I treied anyway because I have more "technical knowhow" then him). Im gonna use the guide stickied here, but Just a few (probably noob) questions:

1) I read in the sticky that a psvita can't be activated with a ps3 or PC anymore. Is this required to do it?

2) online safe? I don't feel like getting my friend banned from psn, lml

3) I read ps1 iso's can be converted to play in the vita, if this is true, what about ps2? (Sorry of this one is PSP only)

4) are consoles still shipped new with <3.60? Or are pretty much all of them on the market already 3.61+?

5) besides playing "backups" what else do I gain from PSV cfw?

Sorry for asking, but I like to be 100% sure before I start something that could fk up his console

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) well you still can activate you Vita with a PS3 but it is SO MUCH easier to do so with ebubble installer
2.) sadly, you can't go online with a Vita that is on 3.60 firmware unless we get some sort of spoof in the future
3.) there is a PS1 bubble that will allow you to play PS1 games
4.) most consoles will come on 3.60- and all PSTV will come with 3.60-
5.) ADRENALINE!!!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1). You can use the ePSP Bubble Installer to activate now. It's still a little buggy, but it should work ok.
2). Can't even connect to PSN.
3). Not really, we can't install PS1 games as bubbles, but we do have a PS1 emulator and ARK (a PSP mode exploit) can play PS1 games without sound in PSP mode.
4). Only 2 new colors that were released in December have 3.61+, and they're JP exclusive. Any other new Vita is 100% guaranteed to have 3.60 or lower.
5). Native homebrew.

And no, there are no PS2 bubbles because the Vita can't come anywhere close to emulating the PS2. You will never see native PS2 emulation, period.

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the OP's first question was asking if the vita is required to be activated in order to be hackable, no it doesn't require an activated vita to hack as long as your vita is 3.60, but if you want good stuff like being able to play psp games using adrenaline then you'll need to activate it, and it is possible to activate it using vita itself with epsp 2.0, that is, after you have henkaku enabled 3.60 vita.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like your friend is using you lol
I wouldn't say his friend is using him, but the OP himself is using SWIM like those drug forums lol, just joking

Last edited by Vitaminer,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I see too many conflicting results when I search it,
But I see PSP backups playable, but what about PS vita backups?

Some say yes, others say no, I'm just a bit confused

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I see too many conflicting results when I search it,
But I see PSP backups playable, but what about PS vita backups?

Some say yes, others say no, I'm just a bit confused
All PS Vita titles that require software 3.60 or less or fully playable when installed as a VPK file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol