New to Vita hacking and have a few questions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MotionPictures, May 26, 2015.

1. MotionPictures
    OP

MotionPictures Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    Canada
    I recently bought a new Vita slim dirt cheap and started reading up on hacking. My vita came with OFW 3.15 and have a few questions.

1. Can I stay at OFW 3.15 and install eCFW (TN-V10) using one of the exploited games? Or do I need to update to 3.18?

2. If I can stay at OFW 3.15, can I use Gladiator Begins DEMO (because I don't want to pay for the actual game) since the exploited games list says it works under 3.20 and below? It might sound like a stupid question but I just want to make sure.

3. Is PS3 the only way for me to download it into my Vita?

4. Does a PS3 have to be on a certain firmware or hacked in order for me to download the game on to Vita? Or is it just as simple as the instruction?

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

2. Transdude1996

Transdude1996 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs, CO
    1. Each firmware has an exploited game. It's just the 3.18 is the most open of all of the firmwares. So, no, you don't need to update, it's just something people recommend for those that want more freedom.

2. If it says that you need to buy the full game, then you need to buy the full game. The only time the demos work is when they explicitly say so.

3. There is Vita Update Blocker, but, if I remember correctly, the previous firmware is the only one that it allows to spoof the update process (E.G. you can spoof the 3.51 update with VUB if you have 3.50 installed, but not if you have 3.36 or lower). So, in the long run, yes, you'll need to use your PS3 for some processes.

4.Can't help you there, I don't own a PS3, yet.

3. MotionPictures
    OP

MotionPictures Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    Canada
    Thank you for answering my questions.

Does anyone have an answer for my 4th question?

4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Both the PS3 and Vita just need to use the same PSN account. Otherwise it should be no problem as long as the PS3 can connect to PSN and download the game in question.