Homebrew New to TWiLight ++; Pokemon Black cheats not working?

xunOnex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I’m new to the menu as well as the whole homebrewing scene. I’ve searched around many forums for this question but they’re either too old or I can’t find any answers/similar questions.

I’m also new here and I don’t know if this is an appropriate way to ask this question.

I’ve been trying to use cheats on Pokemon Black but some cheats like the x900 rare candies cheat don’t work (i’ve also been inputting the buttons the cheats tell me to use to activate them, nothing happens). I have the usrcheat.dat and the cheats are in the extras folder. Is there a problem on my end or does the menu not support cheats for Pokemon BW?

I’d also like to add that the cheats work for other games like MKDS but not for Pokemon Black Version.

EDIT: I’m using a New 3DS XL and downloaded the menu and the cheat database via the Univseral Updater.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Try switching to DS mode for the game (Press Y on it in TWiLight and set "Run in" to "DS mode"), many cheats (especially button activated ones) have issues in DSi mode.

The reason Pokémon Black specifically has issues is that most games (such as Mario Kart DS) don't support DSi mode to begin with, so this is only an issue for DSi-enhanced games.

xunOnex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try switching to DS mode for the game (Press Y on it in TWiLight and set "Run in" to "DS mode"), many cheats (especially button activated ones) have issues in DSi mode.

The reason Pokémon Black specifically has issues is that most games (such as Mario Kart DS) don't support DSi mode to begin with, so this is only an issue for DSi-enhanced games.

Thanks! I tried out DS mode and activated the rare candies cheat and this worked. Don’t know why I didn’t try this earlier. Is this also the case with other Pokemon games like BW2, SoulSilver, and Platinum?

Again, thanks!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I tried out DS mode and activated the rare candies cheat and this worked. Don’t know why I didn’t try this earlier. Is this also the case with other Pokemon games like BW2, SoulSilver, and Platinum?

Again, thanks!
Only Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. In the per-game settings menu of TWiLight if it says "TWL-####-###" (#s varying by games) then it'll be an issue where if it says "NTR-####-###" it'll be fine.

Reactions: xunOnex

JustATadConfused

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly a lot of things regarding the Black and White titles don't function 100% of the time in my experience, As a lot of roms are either scuffed or the software just struggles at certain turns, And frequently I go to search for answers and get more questions. But i'd say my best suggestion is trying a few roms and finding alternatives to whatever cheat you're using.

KingCrimson972

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I only installed the menu and I don't understand where I have to push SELECT on the game. Do I have to restart it or something like that ? I don't find the answer anywhere most of the codes works except those with inputs.
Thanks !

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi. I only installed the menu and I don't understand where I have to push SELECT on the game. Do I have to restart it or something like that ? I don't find the answer anywhere most of the codes works except those with inputs.
Thanks !
If memory serves me correctly, you can press select anywhere in game and the rare candies should show up in your inventory

Reactions: KingCrimson972

KingCrimson972

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I'm also new to the TWM++ and I don't understand where I have to push SELECT. There is no indication anywhere so I'm kinda lost. Other codes works great but not those with inputs.

Thanks

elCerebrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi. I'm also new to the TWM++ and I don't understand where I have to push SELECT. There is no indication anywhere so I'm kinda lost. Other codes works great but not those with inputs.

Thanks
There are some cheats that work nicely, others not too much. If you are playing on a DSi+ you have to configure in TWM++ the force of DS Mode.

I don't usually use cheats but I tried to use EV/IV View in White 2 (S) and it freezes the game both via flashcart with Wood firmware and via nds-bootstrap booting from flashcart in a DS Lite.

If it means too much, you could edit your inventory using PkHex or use an Experience Gain multiplier.

TweakyKitKat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for this I had the same problem now it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun