New to this.. best card for DSi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SamJohnson, Aug 2, 2010.

1. SamJohnson
    OP

SamJohnson Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2010
    United States
    I'm buying my brother a DSi for his birthday, but I refuse to pay the ridiculous game prices, so I'm picking up a flash card as well. However, I'm totally new to this, no idea about any of it. I'm looking for a card that runs both NDS + GBA games, supports cheats, compatible with Macs (I doubt that's really an issue, if they all use SD cards), saves the game to the card, and has a rather simple UI. The process of loading the ROMs on doesn't have to be super-easy, I'll be doing that, but the UI needs to be easy enough to understand for my brother, who is younger than I am. If you can, give me a run-down of how the card works, what the process is from getting the ROM from my computer onto the DS. Also, do I need to buy anything along with it (microSD card)? If I do need a microSD, which do you recommend? Thanks in advance for any input.

Of course, I put it in the wrong section.. just saw "flashing hardware" and jumped for it. Sorry.

2. BobTheJoeBob

BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

Aug 2, 2009
    London
    First off, this should be in the DS section, but since your new it's alright, just remember next time. I think you want the Supercard DS two, It pretty much delivers everything your looking for. I'd also recommend to buy it from shoptemp.

3. Speculant

Speculant GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2010
    United States
    The Supercard DSTWO is the best there is, you can buy it from ShopTemp here.

I personally would recommend a 8GB card for good price/value, but if you want to store all the games he is ever going to play, go with a 16GB card.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Yes, you will want the DSTwo in order to play GBA games, it's one of only three cards that can do it due to extra built-in hardware, and it's the one that does it best.

You need a MicroSD card, yes. DS games range in size from 16 megs to 512 megs (though 32/64/128 is most common), so a 4/6/8 gig card should hold all you need. Simply drag and drop the .NDS rom onto the card in a folder of your choice, and it'll show up in the flash cart's menu in that folder for DS games, simply select it to run it.