New to the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gir489, Aug 27, 2009.

Aug 27, 2009

New to the Wii by gir489 at 11:19 PM (585 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. gir489
    OP

Member gir489 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been flashing 360s and someone asked me to do their Wii and so I did. But I started playing it and it's actually really cool.

So I went out and bought one for myself and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I also bought a 320GB USB HDD.

What do I need to use so I can get the USB loader working. I found the boot.dol for 1.5 U1 on the depths of the Internet already, but how can I get it on a channel, or something.

Also, can you load NGC ISOs from the HDD?

2. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    depending on your resolution, look up about 6 inches from this thread in the forum index, there are a few stickies there that should answer any and all of your questions.

3. Izzy

Member Izzy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    As far as I remember it's impossible to ever be able to load NGS ISO's from the HDD because when Wii is trying to run a GC game, it turns of everything that the Wii originaly uses, and one of those things is just, the USB-ports. :/

4. gir489
    OP

Member gir489 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Damn.

Well, it's a good thing I bought GC sized DVDs when I tried to mod a GC and failed.

What about adding the USB loader as a channel? I don't see that in your precious stickies.

5. wiistarter

Member wiistarter GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So let me get this right.... you flashed someones Wii and now want to know how to get USB loader???
    What exactly did you do to the Wii????

And the answer to this and all your questions are hidden in the message below...... See if you can decode it

S E A R C H

If you can work out the code then you will have entered into the realms of the impossibility that only a few here master..... You will be able to do things for yourself

6. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    why do you need gc sized dvds? its fine to burn them to a regular sized dvd (and even better to put a few games on one dvd. ive got mario party 4,5,6,7 on one dvd, works great)

and as for installing usb loader as a channel, its probably not there as not many people would bother doing that, as hardly anyone runs the original usb loader from waninkoko, and its easier to just use a forwarder channel. also, this isnt the correct forum for usb/backup loading, pop over to the backup loaders forum and you'll find more information
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=190