Gaming New to the Wii U

G0rril4z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Whats up guys! I was aways a retro console guy, now I want to buy a Wii U but I have a feel questions before do it!

1- Is it safe to buy used games? I mean, if the person already played online, when I pick up the game , I am able to play it online? Is there some sort of blocking/problem about that?
2- Can I copy the game to the internal hdd like on xbox/playstation?
3- There is already a hacking system that can make Wii U backup games work on external hdd?
4- Wii motion plus controls from regular Wii work on the Wii U?
5- All the games can be played with the regular controls or there is some games that require the "tablet" one?

Sorry my poor english. Thanks in advance!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1- yes it's safe. online is tied to the console and your account ID, not the game disc or usable game key.
2- no you can't copy a disc to HDD. You choose whether to buy the disc an always play from disc, or buy the digital version from online shop and always play from internal memory or HDD. you can't transfer games to another HDD or console.
3- no, but there's one with SD card.
4- yes
5- That's the contrary. The "tablet" is the "regular controller" for ALL games. The wiimote from previous console (wii) are only optional choice made by the developers. not all games use them.

Reactions: G0rril4z

G0rril4z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi @Cyan, thank you for your replies! More questions:

6- If I unlock the Virtual Wii mode to play backup games, I lose the ability to play online with original games?
7- What about the loadiine, can I still play online?
8- How can I cancel a background system update that have already started? There seems to be no Cancel buttom.

Last edited by G0rril4z,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
6- hacking the vWii mode does not lock online on vWii or WiiU. hacking vWii has no bad effect on the console.
though, you have to know that online gaming is almost dead on Wii games. Nintendo closed their servers on May 2014 and 90% of online games are now offline only.
- 10% still have online access (the games using their own developer's servers instead of nintendo's servers)
- Some games from the 90% got online access again! Hackers and developers created private servers to replace nintendo's official closed one. The USBloaders allow you to patch the server's address to use one of the two existing private servers.

No effect on WiiU game, you can play online with original games.

7- Loadiine works only on 5.3.2 WiiU version for the moment.
It currently doesn't have online access. (will probably be added later)
We don't know the consequences or effect or issues yet. it could be detected, nintendo could ban users, etc.

8- There's no way to cancel a system update while it's installing.
You can stop downloading, and delete the partial download, but you need 5.3.2 too. (there's a hack to delete partial updates)
If the update download is completed, it will install it and there's no way to prevent this.

There are option to prevent downloading updates (proxy, dns, router filters, etc.)

Reactions: G0rril4z

G0rril4z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii has been updated to 5.1. If I upgrade it now, what firmware it would be? I dont want to upgrade more than 5.3.2 so it still can be softmoded. The update is about 500mb.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
5- That's the contrary. The "tablet" is the "regular controller" for ALL games. The wiimote from previous console (wii) are only optional choice made by the developers. not all games use them.

I think OP might have been asking about the pro controller
---

Anyway MOST games support the pro controller as an option as well. The only games I own that don't are Nintendoland and Scribblenauts Unlimited

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte