New to the wii U, 3.1.0E firmware... what options do i have?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mech, Sep 5, 2015.

1. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    just trying to get my head around the wii U, what options are available to me with this? what is also coming soon with regards K exploits?

go easy on me :)

20150905_200416.jpg

2. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    It is suggested to update to 5.3.2 using Splatoon and/or Mario Party 10 I believe, and then use the web browser to do some kernel exploits. Aside from that it's waiting for a potential IOSU exploit so emuNAND and firmware spoofing can be a thing.

3. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    do those games update the console so i can use an exploit? what is the important part it provides ? update 4.0.0E is the only thing in patch notes referring to the internet browser all the way up to the current firmware.

4. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    I don't think it's 100% necessary, but it's advised since that's the latest version that's being supported as of now. Think like having 3.x vs 9.x on 3DS, not many people have 3.x any more so it's not often that it's actively tested, but 9.x ends up being heavily tested and supported for things.

mech likes this.
  5. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    The exploit is written explicitly for 5.3.2. I think they have some older versions too, but those won't be maintained. The new kernel and eventually iosu exploits won't work for older firmware.

You have two choices,

1) Update to 5.3.2, by using one of those games, borrowed or purchased. Have exploit now, get to mod NSMBU. May not get to play Mario Maker for awhile.

2) Update to 5.5.0, wait for new exploit coming out. Be sure to not let it update further, in case 5.6.0 comes out before the exploit. No modding now, but at least you can play Mario Maker.

6. mech
    OP

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    i bought it to collect dust until something juicy gets released, so i should buy splatoon... does the disc have the update on the Euro version the same as the US one which you advise to get?

7. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    Fix94 has backported all the tools and exploit to 3.1.0. Check the last five pages of the Wii U exploit development thread, or just search for his posts

mech likes this.