Hardware New to the soldering scene! (GBA SP Questions)

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone, I am new to this whole soldering scene for consoles.
I recently picked up an AGS-001 GB SP (I also have picked up a broken screened GB SP) and today I have two questions,
What has drawn me to this site is THIS (Can't hyperlink because I am new) Thread.
After careful review I am wondering if I am missing anything towards what I need to obtain and do to convert my AGS-001 to an AGS-101

//WARNING//
This is not a CERTAIN instruction to AGS-101, I am just as confused as anyone who is questioning how to convert a AGS-001 to AGS-101, this is just asking the questions and attempting to summarize the current guide.

1/ "Purchasing The Goods"
A summery of what I think I need
a "Backlit SP LCD (101) LED driver board"
Found Here
OR
a "12V Step-Up Voltage Regulator"
Found Here
(Questions)
Do I need an AGS 101 screen and if so what pin version do I get and where?

2/ "The Tough Stuff"

A. Depending on which board I have "C/AGS-CPU-10" Or "C/AGS-CPU-01" I have to CUT into the trace UNDER the display connector.
B. I have to solder a wire to the pin furthest to the left on the display connector then to "VR23"
C. If I purchase the 12V step-Up Converter Regulator I need to solder "C1" To "VIN" On the converter, "GND" In between "78" and "79", then solder "Vout" Just above "25"

3/ "Clean Up"
A. Wrap the step up converter in electrical tape
B. Cut plastic to make room for the converter

4/ "The End"
Profit?
Congratulations?
Did I correctly describe what to do? If I am missing anything or need to correct the instructions let me know.

Extra Questions
Where can I purchase an AGS-001 screen for the GB SP I have with a busted screen? Thank you!

Thank you kindly!

~1167

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr