New to the scene. Need help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Emeraldman94, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Hi Im extremely new to the scene I just bought an Xbox 360 slim like a few hours ago. I read all of the stickies and Im very confused. I cannot tell if my Xbox 360 is hackable and what type of hack works on it.

Its a 4GB black slim with a MFR date of 2011-09-01. Please dont get mad at me or call me a noob. I know Im a noob and would appreciate some real help. Thank you

My ultimate goal is to load games from USB. [Ones I already own of course ;) ]

2. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Yes your 360 is hackable. In order to play games off USB /HDD you can either rgh it which would mean no Xbox live or you could use something like an key so you get live but the price is steep IMO. I'm not sure of your drive type so can't tell you if you need to rgh it anyway or not

3. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States

I dont need live at all. I just want to load games off USB. How can I find out my drive type. I want to hack this thing and have no ability to open it or anything. Im looking to pay someone local to mod it for me

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I've made a perfect thread for it :c

I'd say go for an Xkey.
    It's easier to keep up with then a RGH.