Hacking New to the scene, my PKGI is working weird.

Aldath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there guys, I got this Vita from a pawn shop, it already had an SD adapter for memory and some installed games and homebrew so I might as well try and learn a bit.

Got PKGI, installed a game, and the installation took twice as long as the original install, with the progress gauge freezing constantly. Once it was installed I tried to open the game and it just wouldn't, turned off Vita, and it took like a million years to turn off. Turn it on and the game worked now.

Installing a game again and the install is taking long. Been watching video tutorials and it seems the install gauge won't freeze that way for them and they can open the game as soon as it's installed, unlike me...

Firmware is 3.60, using Henkaku and Enso, it came this way.

Last edited by Aldath,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys, I got this Vita from a pawn shop, it already had an SD adapter for memory and some installed games and homebrew so I might as well try and learn a bit.

Got PKGI, installed a game, and the installation took twice as long as the original install, with the progress gauge freezing constantly. Once it was installed I tried to open the game and it just wouldn't, turned off Vita, and it took like a million years to turn off. Turn it on and the game worked now.

Installing a game again and the install is taking long. Been watching video tutorials and it seems the install gauge won't freeze that way for them and they can open the game as soon as it's installed, unlike me...
Bad SD Adapter.

I had that issue with my first SD2Vita.

Aldath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am too noobish to even try and install an SD2Vita... I mean I was lucky (or maybe unlucky) enough to buy one with this sthing stuck in.

I'd say it's the SD card, this bad boy has been giving my PC some issues first time I tried to use mai files...

I have an unused, smaller SD card. Can I just copy-paste stuff like PKGI and Vitashell?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am too noobish to even try and install an SD2Vita... I mean I was lucky (or maybe unlucky) enough to buy one with this sthing stuck in.

I'd say it's the SD card, this bad boy has been giving my PC some issues first time I tried to use mai files...

I have an unused, smaller SD card. Can I just copy-paste stuff like PKGI and Vitashell?
Copy everything from that one to the other card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And i think you have to write a new dummy file to the card

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tutorial on how to do the dummy thing?
I think modsiah made a simple YouTube video on it. But I will mention that not all directories will show up when you plug the SD into your pc. Like the pspemu folder. Didn't show up for me at least. Maybe plugging the vita into the pc and using vitashell to transfer the files would work. Or of course you could just use ftp

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Aldath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok guys, I almost fucked all up. This thing hasn't a Vita Memory included and I formatted the SD without knowing the Vita wouldn't recoginize the SD2Vita thing, luckily this community is amazing and some saint found out a way to install Enso and Vitashell without a Vita Memory so, ILY.

(Yes, I'm stupid and didn't made a backup)

But now, I have a doubt. I've already installed PKGI and a couple games, but I've had to move files using the USB transfer option of Vitashell because I can't find anywhere the option to show all folders...

At least formatting the SD and console seems to have increased the download and install speed of PKGI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...