Hacking New to the scene, I have some questions

MatthewBordacs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So ive got my ps4, it was on 7.51, I updated it via USB to 7.55 and now i activate it through goldhen 7.55 which is sort of sucessful which is great

1. is there a place where i can find homebrew applications as all my searches haven't been fruitful
2. can i use an external hard drive for extra games (sorry newb question)
3. can i play ps3 games on ps4 somehow, ive seen the tutorials for ps2 games

Thanks!

MohandL3G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
As someone new to the Scene, I advice you to offline activate your account, so that you can Backup and Restore your saves.

Here's MODDED WARFARE Video on how to:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as to answer your questions:
1. Here's a Sony Homebrew App on PC, so you can download Homebrew Apps:
https://github.com/MRGhidini/SHM

2. Yes you can use App2USB Payload so you can use that External HDD normally on any PC, or you can format it to PS4 only HDD from PS4 Settings Menu.

3. Nope.

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My homebrew folder has Retroarch, AM2R, Remote Package Installer and PS4-Xplorer. You'll also find a lot cool stuff on the same website which you load your HEN on like trainers, update blocker, Linux, (which I use a lot so homebrew is not really that important anyway) game ripper, bin loader, kernel dumper, etc. I don't bother with Homebrew Store. For < 6.72 there not a lot homebrew other than the aforementioned.

There's some cool PC side stuff. PS2-FPKG allows you to convert compatible PS2 games to run natively on a jailbroken PS4. Have a look at PS4 Package Sender, Fake PKG Tools, PS4OfflineAccountActivator.

The PS4 scene is just starting to pop now because jailbreaking is becoming more accessible. Be patient with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)