New to the scene and need review of my choices before I commit.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by supercodename, Nov 17, 2008.

1. supercodename
    OP

Newcomer supercodename Newbie

United States
    I have had some experience modding and have done a soft mod of my xbox that I am quite proud of but I'm new to this. I need 4 devices and I think I am going to go with Acekard 2.1 (1 bundled with SDHC tf adapter and 3 without from dealextreme) and A-DATA 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card (class 6 from newegg x4). I was originally going to buy only one to start out to make sure it would work and fit my needs but I need this in plenty of time for holiday gifts. I have heard that deals extreme can take up to 3 weeks for shipping so I need to order all of them now in case one is DOA. Price is the main reason I am going with the acekard and I have heard that it works good and is more reliable now with version 2.1. I mainly want to run nds backups and emulators for old console systems. Does Acekard work good for this? Are there any problems or incompatibly issues with the equipment I'm about to order? Any advice will be appreciated.

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    you made a good choice, if you want gba, you need a slot 2 cart like ex flash 3 in 1, or ewin gba explorer, once you get your ak2, make sure to install AKAIO onto it, or perhaps even gelu loader

3. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    It should be perfect for you [​IMG]

Dealextreme usually take 1-2 weeks, especially on common products like the AK2. Also, all preblems with the AK have been fixed, so the chance of a faulty card is extremely slim.

4. Leein

Newcomer Leein Member

United States
    Hmm, everything you have seems fine. I don't know if this is for everyone, but since I live on the West Coast (of the US), I got my AK2 in like a week. Better time than the text books I bought, which cost crazy amounts of shipping.