Hacking New to the Psp, should i buy it ?

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, i always wished to get a psp, but i never did due to the pricing, and the fact it always seemed hard to mod and keep it that way (because of sony updated)
I came across a shop that sell PSP go with flashmods, as they call it, i supose its softmod, and i contacted them, they said as long as i kept away from psp internet and updates, i could play all the games on psp without a problem.
Is this really how it goes ? and how does really works with a modded psp ? And at this time with a new psp and the 3ds on market, is it worth it to get a psp go ? thanks!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
LCFW is the best option

meaning that you can turn off and its clean

im running 6.39 OFW with 6.39 Pro-B6 LCFW

i just run the fastrecover to load iso's etc

6.39 being the latest FW from sony

probally cheaper to do it yourself

practically takes 2min with any psp on the latest firmware

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
as the noob i am in psp stuff
tongue.gif
what you just wrote sounded more like chinese to me.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
To answer your queries directly:
QUOTE said:
Is this really how it goes ? and how does really works with a modded psp ?
We can't really tell for sure unless we know -how- the shop has modded their PSPs, especially what CFW they are running, but in general yes that is how it works.

QUOTEAnd at this time with a new psp and the 3ds on market, is it worth it to get a psp go ? thanks!
It's not a bad idea. The Go is pretty affordable, comes with a useful 16GB internal memory, and all PSP Gos can be hacked quite easily.

More on PSP "Hacking" and Homebrew: http://gbatemp.net/t268289-psp-hacking-mod...-a-q-start-here
And here a guide to "hacking" your own PSP: http://gbatemp.net/t293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp
(Don't worry, it was written for "noobs" and so is pretty simple and not very risky if you follow the clear instructions)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
kazekun said:
Do i need to buy anything else to come with the psp go, or the games are run trough those 16gb ?

long as you got a PC to get the CFW (custom firmware)
all you gotta do it drop the CFW in the :/PSP/GAMES folder
and ISO's/CSO's (cso is a compact psp iso, they work fine) in the :/ISO/ folder

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds pretty easy yea, psp go would come handy to me, i am a security, and believe me, i been playing ds for 2 years, i ran, ALL the decent and good games of ds, apart of some of the newer rpgs, wich i am playing currently, i am am gona run out of games pretty soon, so, psp, is my new salvation
tongue.gif

heres a whole new bunch of doubts i got about psp:

Having a older firmware, will i still be able to play all the coming games without problems ?

Does it run psx games also on psp go?

If my psp comes with some mod i am not happy with, can i just replace it ?

Is there any problems of compatibility on the psp with PAL and Ntsc games or can i run both without problems ? (hate to see a game i really want to play only coming on the other side of world)

How long does a batery normally runs on a psp go ?

Is the CFW system easy to install and update ? And does it work to go online with games ?

Sorry i know itss alot of questions, but i really like to explore beforehand what i am buying.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
As far as I know:

kazekun said:
Having a older firmware, will i still be able to play all the coming games without problems ?
Just follow rydian's softmod guide and install 6.20 PRO-B6, and you don't have to worry about that.
But to answer your question, if you use an older CFW and newer ISOs appear which are not supported by that CFW, you will have to get the ISO patched in order to play it.

kazekun said:
Does it run psx games also on psp go?
Yes.

kazekun said:
If my psp comes with some mod i am not happy with, can i just replace it ?
Yes.

kazekun said:
Is there any problems of compatibility on the psp with PAL and Ntsc games or can i run both without problems ? (hate to see a game i really want to play only coming on the other side of world)
PSP games are region-free, so, no.

QUOTE(kazekun @ Jun 16 2011, 07:35 PM)
Is the CFW system easy to install and update ? And does it work to go online with games ?
Yes, if you follow Rydian's softmod guide. Yes, you can go online.

QUOTE(kazekun @ Jun 16 2011, 07:35 PM)
Sorry i know itss alot of questions, but i really like to explore beforehand what i am buying.
Nahh, it's alright. Always makes sense to find out more about what you are getting into, before actually buying the thing.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really recommend you buy a PSP. I've also recently bought one second-hand, it was already softmodded, for about 80 euros. It was a steal, I've barely played PSP games because I've been so busy with emulators (PSX, GBA and GBC mainly). Fantastic device, so much better than DS on multimedia side.

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
alright i ordered the thing
tongue.gif
they told me its on the system 6.35 ? no idea if this clarifies wich software it has inside. ( They said its something called Update pro ? Is this the supossed firmware ?)

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm, sounds like a 6.3.5 LCFW. You will be able to change it to something else if you find that you don't like it. On the other hand, if you find that the pre-modded PSP already satisfies all your needs, then you can stick with it. Either way don't worry about this.
smile.gif

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i am satisfyed with anything that is easy to update and to run the games without much trouble, but they expressly told me i cant use any of the online fuctions, or i will lose the software, wich left me a bit confused, since the tutorials here say some softwares can run games online, can anyone explain a bit more to me, wich cares i must have with it ? and what can i do and not do ?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Are they charging more for their pre-modded console than if you were to buy a new one and mod it yourself?

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I have learnt somethings here from the forum and as i see you are from Portugal ( so do i xD)

i could help you if you want, on our main language
smile.gif
(Portuguese)

If you want help, just pm me, or post here and i'll be glad to help you

PS: i didnt post anything in portuguese because this is still a english forum... so i didnt wanna get warned xD

kazekun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hum their charging 150 euros, its not really that much so i will just go along with it, i think i cant find it much cheaper in portugal aniway, i am mailing mine from spain
tongue.gif
(pmed my contact info nuker)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
kazekun said:
well i am satisfyed with anything that is easy to update and to run the games without much trouble, but they expressly told me i cant use any of the online fuctions, or i will lose the software, wich left me a bit confused, since the tutorials here say some softwares can run games online, can anyone explain a bit more to me, wich cares i must have with it ? and what can i do and not do ?

As long as you don't update, you won't lose the mods. Other stuff seems to work fine, including locationfree player (good thing my DVR supports using both hdmi output and composite output at the same time). Also, there is a downgrader for firmware 6.39 and lower so even if you did update you could (as of right now) downgrade back to 6.20 (unless on a newer psp 3000 in which case you might be limited to 6.35 but all psp go systems can go to 6.20 as of today).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water