OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi there folks,

Well, I've finally decided to get back into the PSP emulation thing, and boy have things changed. Back in the days, I would use UMDGen for ISOs...but when some ISOs require firmware updates, I thought, "Game Over"

Can some of you guys help me get back into it? I've heard that a program called "Devhook" (dunno which version to get...last I heard there was a v.46) which will allow you to play ISOs of all types because it mimicks the newer Firmwares.
So...can you guys point me in the right direction interms of:
What things I need to download (i don't need actual links...i can search =D )
How to make the programs work

Thank you so much!
yaypsp.gif

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
8i just spent an hour downgrading a 2.0 (norton antivirus
sleep.gif
) and installing devhook

i would like to know about this too cause i downloaded Initial D fror my friend

but it doesnt have a .iso file it alll random files in all these .part files(4 in particular

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
There's an easy devhook installer somewhere where all you do is plug in the USB cable and run the installer. After that, just put the ISOs in the ISO folder devhook makes at the root of your MS.
Run devhook from Games > Memory Stick > Devhook 0.46.
At the devhook menu, select "UMD SELECT" then choose the iso you'll mount.
After that just select "START".
After playing you can use Home to exit to the XMB then select "Return to 1.50 from 2.XX" to go back to your original firmware so you can just run Devhook again to choose a different ISO.

EDIT:
sleep.gif
) and installing devhook

but it doesnt have a .iso file it alll random files in all these .part files(4 in particular

That's probably a rar file. Get win RAR and open them. If you have trouble opening them, just rename them like this:
filename.part1 -> filename.rar
filename.part2 -> filename.r00
filename.part3 -> filename.r01
filename.part4 -> filename.r02
etc.

then open up the first part (.rar)

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to pop in.
You dont have to reboot devhook just to switch ISO's. Hold Home and Press L or R to switch. Also Home+Select changes speed and the Music button takes a screenshot (if you have that pack installed from the auto installer). I love my PSP. =D

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just wanted to pop in.
You dont have to reboot devhook just to switch ISO's. Hold Home and Press L or R to switch. Also Home+Select changes speed and the Music button takes a screenshot (if you have that pack installed from the auto installer). I love my PSP. =D

Thanks I've learned something new.
biggrin.gif
Gotta install the psp-shot thing. :/ I installed devhook before I learned about that installer thing. :/

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah....you probably need to read up more on devhook if you didn't know that.....look @ maxconsole's faq on devhook and give it a read, it's quick and gives you the gist of using it quickly...it's a wonder to me how people still have problems with all these full packages and easy installers. But I still prefer to do clean dumps myself and install the mods from scratch bottom up for the psp to be customized to how I like it.

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
There's an easy devhook installer somewhere where all you do is plug in the USB cable and run the installer. After that, just put the ISOs in the ISO folder devhook makes at the root of your MS.
Run devhook from Games > Memory Stick > Devhook 0.46.
At the devhook menu, select "UMD SELECT" then choose the iso you'll mount.
After that just select "START".
After playing you can use Home to exit to the XMB then select "Return to 1.50 from 2.XX" to go back to your original firmware so you can just run Devhook again to choose a different ISO.

EDIT:
sleep.gif
) and installing devhook

That's probably a rar file. Get win RAR and open them. If you have trouble opening them, just rename them like this:
filename.part1 -> filename.rar
filename.part2 -> filename.r00
filename.part3 -> filename.r01
filename.part4 -> filename.r02
etc.

then open up the first part (.rar)

i got it to extract but its not an ISO file, but 2 folders called sysdir and usrdir

can i use this on devhook or do i need something else?(umdloader ,ect)

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
check the compatibility thread posted @ maxconsole. Some games it makes no difference, some games it causes the games to slow down or not work pending on what level of compression you use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning