Hacking new to the flash scene, have some questions

Checkmate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i checked today, and dealextreme doesn't have the 'm3 ds real perfect bundle', does it?

in the end, i'll probably buy from the australian supplier, seeing as it's closest

but thanks again sportsmaniac

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Checkmate said:
i checked today, and dealextreme doesn't have the 'm3 ds real perfect bundle', does it?

in the end, i'll probably buy from the australian supplier, seeing as it's closest

but thanks again sportsmaniac
Yeah DealExtreme does have it. They just call it the Deluxe bundle for some reason. It's the same thing though.

Checkmate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
- Deluxe edition comes with:
1. M3 DS Real NDS/NDS Lite Cart
2. 2 x Translucent Replacement Casing for Slot-2 Cartridges
3. Slot-2 Rumble Pack
4. 256M GBA/Slot-2 Expansion Pack

so, it doesn't come with the micro sd card reader/any other tool for transferring to the pc?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Checkmate said:
QUOTE said:
3. Slot-2 Rumble Pack

so, it doesn't come with the micro sd card reader/any other tool for transferring to the pc?
It should come with the micro sd card reader. The description's probably wrong. You should probably just get it from OZmodchips anyway. With DealExtreme you'll probably be waiting awhile before you get it, and OZmodchips ships all their orders out quickly. And they're pretty close to you. I'd go with them.

Checkmate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
84.5 AUD is nearly 60 USD

plus, dealextreme has free shipping

i don't really mind waiting, i just don't want to suddenly discover that i can't connect the thing to my pc

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Checkmate said:
QUOTE said:
3. Slot-2 Rumble Pack

The pictures show a card reader, so I suspect that it has one.

-Bri

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Checkmate said:
84.5 AUD is nearly 60 USD

plus, dealextreme has free shipping

i don't really mind waiting, i just don't want to suddenly discover that i can't connect the thing to my pc
It should come with a card reader. If for some weird reason it doesn't then they sell them tons of different places. You should have DealExtreme throw one in your order since the one that comes with the card breaks easily. Here's a good one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11294. I have it and it works great.

Checkmate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well thanks again bri and sportsmaniac

i emailed them asking whether it was included; they said that they'd get back to me in a few days.

i'll probably buy after the christmas season to avoid shipping delays

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Checkmate said:
well thanks again bri and sportsmaniac

i emailed them asking whether it was included; they said that they'd get back to me in a few days.

i'll probably buy after the christmas season to avoid shipping delays
You should just get the microsd card reader I linked to. It's only $2! That's about as much as a pack of gum!

ronricoviper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, does this discussion also apply to the original NDS?

I have the original and also want to get started on this but I definitely need a precise starting point if possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
ronricoviper said:

I have the original and also want to get started on this but I definitely need a precise starting point if possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, everything applies the same, although you'd have to make sure your expansion pack has a shell to fit in the fat DS (If you decide to go that route).

ronricoviper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gosp said:
ronricoviper said:

Yes, everything applies the same, although you'd have to make sure your expansion pack has a shell to fit in the fat DS (If you decide to go that route).

I don't even know what an expansion pack is...Is there anywhere that I can go to so that I can learn from the beginning? I am trying to find something along the lines of a step-by-step tutorial to get this done...

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
An expansion pack is a cartridge that fits into the slot 2 section of your DS (where you would put a GBA game). It basically serves 3 purposes, providing rumble support for games which have it (e.g. metroid prime pinball), providing extra RAM necessary to run programs such as browsers and RAM demanding games (e.g. DOOM) and provide GBA compatibility, in other words you need one to be able to play GBA games. Hope that helps out.

ronricoviper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I think I'm gonna go with the M3 DS Real - Rumble & GBA Expansion Pak. I don't really need the Rumble so I will replace that with the RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: