New to Softmod got HBC installed now what?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SomeGuy2009, Feb 18, 2009.

1. SomeGuy2009
    OP

SomeGuy2009 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    OK First off let me start by saying I am a little new to my new Wii I just got about 2 weeks ago or so. Haven that said I just had to find out about the wii mods ect.. Now after a lot of reading a trial and error I was able to get the Home Brew Channel Installed using the Zelda Hack Method. So Home Brew Channel is installed and I was even able to add a few channels inside the home brew channel. like some old game emus ect..

Now what I want to do is play some of my wii game backups. I am a little confused in what I need to do I see a lot of stuff in regards to the version of IOS and such.

When I go into the HBC it says IOS36 v12 something. My Wii has System Menu v3.4U. I am nervious in that I do not want to brick my wii. I was just happy to get the HBC installed.

Since I already have the HBC installed what version of IOS do I need to have on my Wii and where can I get it?

Also what Game Loader can I use if my Wii has System Menu 3.4u with IOS36?

I tried using this Gamma somethingerother loader but no matter what options I tried everytime I chose PAL/NTSC ect.. the Wii would lock up. and I have to hold in the power button until it turns off.

I am not new to tech stuff but I am new to Wii Modding.

Any pointers anyone can give me?

Many regards,

SomeGuy

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Read the fucking stickies.

3. SomeGuy2009
    OP

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Wow. My bad. Did I ask something that is against the rules here? I didnt post any links to anything.

What is confusing me is I am unclear if I need to downgrade anything at all. Some posts I have read say yes and some say no.

Sorry im sure its a total noob question but this forum looked like the correct place to get help. Since I didnt think I was asking for anything illegal.

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  5. SomeGuy2009
    OP

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the tip I will do so.

Thanks again,

SomeGuy

6. mcj

mcj GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    You didn't do anything against the rules, but about 95% of us are just tired of the newbies signing up and 2 seconds later post "HALP!" instead of doing any searching, reading, etc.

At the very top of this forum there are loads of stickies that'll help you with a lot of your questions

(I guess taking my meds earlier in the morning make me nicer [​IMG] )