Hacking New to R4, trying to load Wood

CrashLove37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, I bought an R4i Gold v1.41 and I have an original DS. It worked fine with their firmware, but I've been trying to install Wood so I can play other games. I copied over _rpg and the menu file, but when I load it on the DS, it comes up with "Menu?" and won't do anything else. I thought maybe my R4 is a clone so I downloaded Waio and copied all files to the root of my card, but the same thing happened.

CrashLove37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Where did you purchase the cart from?

http://filetrip.net/f24373-Wood-R4-for-R4i...S%29-V1-27.html

The above is the download for the version of wood for R4i Gold. Replace the old firmware completely with this firmware if your cart is the one matched in the file description in the link.

I got it at a flea market. The website with the firmware is r4igold.cn. I tried that firmware, but it comes up with a white screen and a little face and says "Menu?"

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The only R4i Gold that supports Wood comes from: www.r4ids.cn
It looks like this:
22821-Image7__79696_std.jpg

No variation will work.

CrashLove37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
The only R4i Gold that supports Wood comes from: www.r4ids.cn
It looks like this:
22821-Image7__79696_std.jpg

No variation will work.

Yea, it's not that one. So I guess there's no way to load Pokemon Black or White with this card?

CrashLove37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Will the base firmware for it not work? It was supposedly updated about a week ago. If not -
Try this firmware: http://filetrip.net/f24559-RetroGameFan-Mu...pdate-6-56.html

Be sure to follow the instructions included. If it won't run, you most likely have an Acekard clone.

I've tried 5 games with the firmware from their website; Pokemon White, Black, Naruto Shinobi something, NSMB, and Yugioh WC11. Only NSMB worked, the others said errcode=4. I'll try the firmware you just posted in a bit and see what happens.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, sounds like another site that just robs updates and doesn't even do it well. What I gave you should work perfectly from the sounds of things.

CrashLove37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Oh, sounds like another site that just robs updates and doesn't even do it well. What I gave you should work perfectly from the sounds of things.

I must be doing something wrong because I'm still getting the "Menu?" screen. I checked which folder to take from that .rar and copied the folder and .dat and renamed the .dat file like the .txt said, but it's still not working.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm stupid lol. I didn't realize .iL was the file extension instead of .dat -_- Thanks for all the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple