New to PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DeadFable, Apr 22, 2008.

Apr 22, 2008

New to PSP by DeadFable at 11:09 AM (1,199 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. DeadFable
    OP

Newcomer DeadFable Newbie

United States
    Ok so I'm new to the PSP just got one 4 - 5 days ago.. and I need help on knowing what I can do with it and ideas of what I should get for it and on that note I'm off to bed (3AM) ^^

2. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can do pretty much anything you want with your psp its up to you but first you need to install a CFW on it, here is a link to help you with that. One thing i do recommend getting is at least a 4gig memory stick for starters.

3. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    Ahem, last time I checked you couldn't use it to TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

... Or has that been achieved yet? I don't regularly check PSP update sites =\

4. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

I don't use my PSP very often(not for about 6 months anyway) but i think ill start using it again soon.
    I like my DS alot more though.

5. DeadFable
    OP

Newcomer DeadFable Newbie

United States
    Haha yea ok, just wanted to know if I can do the same as I do my DS Thanks

6. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Once you get a PSP you will wonder why you even considered getting the DS, let alone buying it. It can do everything the DS can, but better. Only thing it can't do is have touch-screen based games, but usually these are ok. Stay with your DS if you love SimCity and Anno 1701 a LOT.

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    A PSP cannot use a touch screen. Also, 'modding' a DS is just buying a card and sticking it in, basically. Modding a PSP needs a modified battery and other stuff. Plus, DS games are tiny compared to PSP games.

8. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    I should do a little more research I suppose, before I say anything definitive, but I think you shouldn't buy anything non-grocery like over 15 bucks without doing (extensive) research into it first.

PSP can, out of the box do many things the DS cant, but not everyone needs a movie player, mp3 player, and (what else can it do out of the box?) But what if you only want to play games? The games that are available on the DS?

Then you know what? Run on down to a dept. store and pick up a DS. Thats what. Later, if want to do something extra with it. Then do some research, save some money, check around, join forums and then buy the flash kit thats going to fit your needs and do the extra stuff with it. The DS you buy only what you need anyway.

Some people, beleive it or not, buy video game systems off all shapes and sizes, to just play--get this, VIDEO GAMES. [​IMG]

IMO, if you cant find about 10 games that you really want for a system, then Its probably not worth even buying....

I'll be back later to update and change this post as I have to rush off now...

9. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Few will believe you [​IMG]

... but I do [​IMG]