New to PSP homebrew...where do I begin?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by lend27, Jan 4, 2015.

1. lend27
    OP

lend27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    I have updated my PSP 1000 to the latest Sony firmware 6.60, and also installed the custom formware to prepare for homebrew....now what should I do next?
    Is there a homebrew package I should install?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Len

P.S.
    I would like to be able to play some old Colecovision games, and games like Kaboom and some PS2 games, and install any helpful apps that you would recommend.

I downloaded the Coleco emulator and some games. I unzipped everything into the Game folder with my PSP connected via USB to my mac. I can see the files in the memory stick on my mac, but I cant find the games on my PSP. What am I doing wrong? Should all the files be in the Games folder?

Thanks!
    Len

2. Kippykip

Kippykip D E L E T T H I S

Mar 30, 2013
    Sorry that i'm late
    Well if you're still new, i'll explain what things you can do in CFW and how files are laid out
    Big helpful CFW tutorial stuff

Ok that should help you understand the CFW features and stuff
    Anyway there is a colecovision emulator at http://psp.akop.org/colem (I haven't tried it)

Make sure the eboot.pbp file is inside a subfolder e.g. PSPUSB:\psp\game\supermegaemulatorname\eboot.pbp

There's also a UMD game called "Activision hits remixed" that features Kaboom
    As for PS2 games, they cannot be played unless the same exact game exists on psp, either buy these games or get an ISO

Hope this helps as I spent ages making it