new to ps3 scene with some questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the avenger, Oct 29, 2012.

Oct 29, 2012
  1. the avenger
    OP

Newcomer the avenger Advanced Member

United States
    i plan to buy a ps3 in a week or so after the recent LV0 leak and have some questions to ask
    1-is there a way to tell the ofw of a slim from the box(and how)
    2-the release date of OFW 3.55(figure if the manufacture date on the box is earlier and it hasn't been opened i am safe).
    3- a really really detailed guide on how to install a CEX cfw on it with multiman (pictures or video plz)
    4- i am really good with the psp hacking and i am asking if i have a firmware of under 3.55 on my device on a scale of 1-10 how much harder is hacking like that
    5- again a detailed guide on how to update from the earlier cfw to rogero 4.30 cfw
    6- how to use the eboot fixes on downloaded games if necessarily
    7-how to lunch the backups from my external hdd(+ does it work if i partition it so i don't lose ata on it when formating to fat32)
    8- i also saw that some games don't work without disk any clarification on that and any way to bypass it

a lot of questions but thanks in advance

2. Brandts

Newcomer Brandts Member

Netherlands
    I'm not going to answer all the questions because all consoles produced after April 2011 can't be downgraded at this moment. The chance that you'll find one produced before this date in a retail store is nearly zero.
    For more info, see this post: http://wololo.net/2012/10/31/downgradable-ps3-models/