Hacking New to PS Vita/TV Scene

Seepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently remembered that I have an old PSTV lying around that I never really used. I checked the firmware and it is currently on 3.50.

I've been reading into the hacks available and it's a little confusing for someone who's never actually used a PSVita/TV extensively before. The majority of the threads I have seen all suggest upgrading to 3.60 and using HENKaku. I was just wandering if there were any other hacks available that could be potentially better options to HENKaku.

Also, are the PSTV guides different to the PSVita guides? Updating the firmware is different, but is the process of installing the hacks exactly the same?

Sorry for being a noob, but I appreciate the answers :)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) There were other exploits before HENkaku that were blocked as of 3.60, (Rejuvenate and email exploits) anyways HENkaku rendered them useless as HENkaku is superior on every aspect so is not worth wasting your time digging them up.

2) Updating a PS TV to 3.60 is as simple as putting the update on a USB memory stick and installing it: http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/

3) And yeah, the vita and PS TV work in the exact same way, all the tutorials out therr apply for both systems, the only thing is that you can't connect directly to a PC via USB so you have to use FTP instead.

Reactions: Seepy

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I'm interested in the same and may as well ask here.

Once I've updated to 3.60 on my Vita and installed Henkaku can I still access the PSN store to download games? Not really into Vita piracy and I want to grab a PSP game.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm interested in the same and may as well ask here.

Once I've updated to 3.60 on my Vita and installed Henkaku can I still access the PSN store to download games? Not really into Vita piracy and I want to grab a PSP game.

At the moment, the PSN spoof works on HENkaku v6, so you can buy and download whatever you wish. There's no guarantee on if the spoof will continue to work if Sony adds some checks in future.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) There were other exploits before HENkaku that were blocked as of 3.60, (Rejuvenate and email exploits) anyways HENkaku rendered them useless as HENkaku is superior on every aspect so is not worth wasting your time digging them up.

2) Updating a PS TV to 3.60 is as simple as putting the update on a USB memory stick and installing it: http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/

3) And yeah, the vita and PS TV work in the exact same way, all the tutorials out therr apply for both systems, the only thing is that you can't connect directly to a PC via USB so you have to use FTP instead.

For pstv, what ftp app do we use, I used to use vitaftp through psp emulator but that maxes out at only 2mb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
For pstv, what ftp app do we use, I used to use vitaftp through psp emulator but that maxes out at only 2mb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Molecular shell (Vitashell) has an ftp option in addition to being a file explorer. Press the SELECT button to start ftp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.