New to PS Vita/TV Scene

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Seepy, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Seepy
    OP

Seepy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    I recently remembered that I have an old PSTV lying around that I never really used. I checked the firmware and it is currently on 3.50.

I've been reading into the hacks available and it's a little confusing for someone who's never actually used a PSVita/TV extensively before. The majority of the threads I have seen all suggest upgrading to 3.60 and using HENKaku. I was just wandering if there were any other hacks available that could be potentially better options to HENKaku.

Also, are the PSTV guides different to the PSVita guides? Updating the firmware is different, but is the process of installing the hacks exactly the same?

Sorry for being a noob, but I appreciate the answers :)

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    1) There were other exploits before HENkaku that were blocked as of 3.60, (Rejuvenate and email exploits) anyways HENkaku rendered them useless as HENkaku is superior on every aspect so is not worth wasting your time digging them up.

2) Updating a PS TV to 3.60 is as simple as putting the update on a USB memory stick and installing it: http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/

3) And yeah, the vita and PS TV work in the exact same way, all the tutorials out therr apply for both systems, the only thing is that you can't connect directly to a PC via USB so you have to use FTP instead.

Seepy likes this.
  3. Seepy
    OP

Seepy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    Thank you!

4. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    I'm interested in the same and may as well ask here.

Once I've updated to 3.60 on my Vita and installed Henkaku can I still access the PSN store to download games? Not really into Vita piracy and I want to grab a PSP game.

5. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    At the moment, the PSN spoof works on HENkaku v6, so you can buy and download whatever you wish. There's no guarantee on if the spoof will continue to work if Sony adds some checks in future.

replicashooter likes this.
  6. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Superb, thanks. Could you point me toward an installation guide please?

7. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    replicashooter likes this.
  8. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    For pstv, what ftp app do we use, I used to use vitaftp through psp emulator but that maxes out at only 2mb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

9. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Molecular shell (Vitashell) has an ftp option in addition to being a file explorer. Press the SELECT button to start ftp.