ROM Hack [NEW TO NINTENDO]How to hack my 3ds.Software 2.1.0-4E

SpeedPowered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
My name is robert and im new to nintendo hacking.I just got my nintendo 3ds today(old version) and i want to run games/roms from sd card.Dont know much about nintendo,i played once few years ago on 2ds but i had pretty much all psps.hope its not much differentce.I was lucky to get 2.1.0 software on it and idk what to do.i need just something to read about how to hack it or a tutorial.i read about flash cards that are a bit expensive but hopefully i can run a cfw or smth.hope im in the right section.any information would be apreciated.thank you.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,
My name is robert and im new to nintendo hacking.I just got my nintendo 3ds today(old version) and i want to run games/roms from sd card.Dont know much about nintendo,i played once few years ago on 2ds but i had pretty much all psps.hope its not much differentce.I was lucky to get 2.1.0 software on it and idk what to do.i need just something to read about how to hack it or a tutorial.i read about flash cards that are a bit expensive but hopefully i can run a cfw or smth.hope im in the right section.any information would be apreciated.thank you.

You need to find an original game with 4.5 firmware to update it. Once on 4.5, there is a CFW you can install that lets you run games from the SD card. However, this is limited to games that use the old encryption, I think, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You should probably look into buying a Gateway.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is a CFW, but it's kind of limited and can't run the newest games. You'll need to update to any firmware between 4.1 and 9.2. You need a legit game that has one of these firmware versions on the cart to do so. Once you're on that, you can downgrade to 4.x using the Gateway exploit, then install the CFW.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can run CFW I think(not sure if you can play games, but I think you can install cia), but from what I understand if your console's FW is 4.5 or lower you can't use the browser exploit, hence you first need to get a game that requires firmware 4.x(to update your console to 4.x) and then install the exploit using a Gateway blue card or any kind of old R4i card, after that just find a CFW topic in here and follow the steps.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. No matter what, you need a flashcart that can play DS roms on firmware 4.5 or lower. Those can be gotten for very cheap though.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there isnt smth cheaper than gateway?

If you want to play the latest games, no there isn't. However, you can get a Gateway for like 60$. There is the CFW method, but you'd still need to buy a ~10$ DS mode flashcart and it wouldn't play newer games.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so if i get a gateway i can start system upgrade to latest version now?

NO! Gateway supports FW up to 9.2!With gateway you can update emuNAND(fake partition that acts like a real system, but it fools nintendo servers and you can update it to the latest version, if you need e-shop, or play online.), but the real system, has to stay 9.2 or lower.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so how i get to 9.2?i have to buy a 9.2 game?
edit:actually i purchase an 4.5 game.for example Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon2 and i use the gateway to fake the servers to allow me acces to online stuff?right?

If you have a 4.5 game, you're golden, after you install the exploit, you can install emuNAND, yes.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so how i get to 9.2?i have to buy a 9.2 game?
edit:actually i purchase an 4.5 game.for example Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon2 and i use the gateway to fake the servers to allow me acces to online stuff?right?

You have to buy a game that has any firmware between 4.1 and 9.2. Anything will work, and there are a LOT of games out there that fulfill one of these criteria. You can then use a web browser based hack to downgrade to 4.5. However, if you ever go above 9.2 (so 9.3 or 9.4) you're plain screwed.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can run CFW I think(not sure if you can play games, but I think you can install cia), but from what I understand if your console's FW is 4.5 or lower you can't use the browser exploit, hence you first need to get a game that requires firmware 4.x(to update your console to 4.x) and then install the exploit using a Gateway blue card or any kind of old R4i card, after that just find a CFW topic in here and follow the steps.
The exploit should work from 2.0 to 9.2, I think.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Attachments

• gateway2x.png
    gateway2x.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 494
Reactions: Ra1d

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.