Hacking Question New to modding Nintendo switch here!

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I have been coming to this site for a few years now. I have successfully modded my PS Vita, My Nintendo 2DS, and My PS3.

I have been looking all over the forums, and there is just SOOO much info on the nintendo switch.

Would someone point me in the direction of what exactly do I need to do/get installed/etc in order to run backups on my switch?

I have just looked over the serial number thread on this site, and my serial number is XAW10058******. It is apparently V4.1.0 according to that thread, and it is GREEN! So it's unpatched.

Besides figuring out exactly what I need to do/install to get my switch modded and running backups, Is there naything ELSE that I need to look into on my switch to figure out if its possible on mine? Or sinc emy serial number is green and unpatched, is that all I need to know?

P.S My system update in the settings menu is at version 8.0.1.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://guide.sdsetup.com/

Follow this if you got an unpatched unit.

Thanks so much! I looked all over on this forum for hours and I didn't find anything like that guide lol. Can I message you a youtube video and you just let me know if it's legit? I have been following this one youtube for modding switch for a few months now, and now that I am ready to mod my system, I am just curious if this video is 100% legit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

P.S - does my consoles update version matter? I am on 8.0.1

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much! I looked all over on this forum for hours and I didn't find anything like that guide lol. Can I message you a youtube video and you just let me know if it's legit? I have been following this one youtube for modding switch for a few months now, and now that I am ready to mod my system, I am just curious if this video is 100% legit.

P.S - does my consoles update version matter? I am on 8.0.1

Don't follow youtube video especially a guy name Sthetix.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't follow youtube video especially a guy name Sthetix.

Gotcha, Yeah idk who that is, but I have followed youtube for certain things on my 2ds, ps3, and psvita, and never had an issue. But i guess everyones experiences are different.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, Yeah idk who that is, but I have followed youtube for certain things on my 2ds, ps3, and psvita, and never had an issue. But i guess everyones experiences are different.

That kinda depends on the content creator, but I rarely follow youtube video on hacking console, generally, you want to look at a written guide as they get update often, video doesn't like @Kafluke pointed out.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never follow youtube videos of people modding a system i na way that I havent been researching, when I first got henkaku for my psvita, I read all the guides I could find, but I also watched videos that basically explained the same thing. I wouldnt follow a youtube video of someone doing something that I didnt research yet.

Anyways I still have the same question xD is it okay that my switch is on update 8.0.1? I don't see nay info about it anywhere on this site or in the guide.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never follow youtube videos of people modding a system i na way that I havent been researching, when I first got henkaku for my psvita, I read all the guides I could find, but I also watched videos that basically explained the same thing. I wouldnt follow a youtube video of someone doing something that I didnt research yet.

Anyways I still have the same question xD is it okay that my switch is on update 8.0.1? I don't see nay info about it anywhere on this site or in the guide.

As long you got an unpatched unit meaning that you can push a payload such as hekate you should good to go, 8.0.0 patched the unreleased web base exploit deja vu though.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, makes sense, Thanks again. I am currently trying to figure out how I want to enter RCM mode.

I appreciate the help!

Oh P.S - Just curious, If I end up getting banned one day , since I wont be able to use the eshop anymore, does that mean I cant download any of the games I purchased on the eshop? and would I be able to play the ones that are already installed form the eshop before I got banned?

Last edited by BLCKBLuR,

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEah I am reading that, I am going to push from the PC, I have a USB A to USB C cable, just figuring out which way I want to enter RCM.

I edited my previous post BTW if you didn't see.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on CFW and go online then you would get ban, if you intend to only use it for backup then it should be fine, but make a backup of the rawnand and boot0/boot1 with hekate, you can restore that if your fuse count match with what the firmware is.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have another question, I believe I entered recovery mode by using the tin foil trick, When I held the volume up button and the power button for like 3-4 seconds, the screen is staying black. I just wanted to test if it worked. Now is there a way to get my nintendo switch back to normal mode? Do I unplug the joycon thats modded? Or do I just hold the power button from here? How exactly do I get OUT of recovery mode right now, my screen is still black so I believe I am still in recovery mode.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You put it in RCM mode and push a payload such as hekate via tegrasmash gui, if it push it successfully then you got it working successfully.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am going to puch the fusee test, just to make sure everything is okay, I know my serial number is fine, I just like to double check everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol