Hardware New to homebrew... Slot-2 question...

Ostrakon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I can't seem to find the section of the site where the ROMs are hosted...

(just kidding
nyanya.gif
)

I recently purchased an r4 for my DS (still waiting for it to arrive, actually), and I also want something that's capable of running GBA homebrew and backups. I need to get something that:

-Has the best possible GBA rom compatibility (although a real-time clock isn't necessary for me.)
-Has a simple and/or convenient save feature, that doesn't require reseting my DS or some such nonsense.
-Can fit into the slot-2 of a old DS, not a lite.

Also, if I could get something that can be used on my SP, that would be fine with me too.

Any recommendations? I'm eyeing the EZ-Flash IV microSD, because it apparently boasts the best compatibility with GBA roms. I was thinking about the supercard until I found out it has a problem with a bunch of roms.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First off, I can't seem to find the section of the site where the ROMs are hosted...

(just kidding
nyanya.gif
)

I recently purchased an r4 for my DS (still waiting for it to arrive, actually), and I also want something that's capable of running GBA homebrew and backups. I need to get something that:

-Has the best possible GBA rom compatibility (although a real-time clock isn't necessary for me.)
-Has a simple and/or convenient save feature, that doesn't require reseting my DS or some such nonsense.
-Can fit into the slot-2 of a old DS, not a lite.

Also, if I could get something that can be used on my SP, that would be fine with me too.

Any recommendations? I'm eyeing the EZ-Flash IV microSD, because it apparently boasts the best compatibility with GBA roms. I was thinking about the supercard until I found out it has a problem with a bunch of roms.

For GBA, it is pretty much necessary to reset your DS to back up the same (it is stored on a battery so I guess it cannot be accessed any time you want).
The EZIV Mini SD and the EZ III suit your description fairly well. You could also get an M3 or G6 Lite, and use the GBA sized cases that come with them.

The above have very good compatibility

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
True. If you don't need to play many games, you can use the EZ 3in1, where games are stored on the slot 1 and flashed each time to the slot 2. Not a good idea if you're interested in playing many GBA titles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.