Homebrew new to HiyaCFW/Twilight++ VERY long boot time

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. i just installed HiyaCFW and twighlight++ on my DSi, and boot time is too long i think. It takes 45 seconds on average from power button to twilight menu finish booting. Could it be that im using an old and slow 2 GB microsd card inside a micro/SD adapter card? i have actual SD cards that are faster class and 16+ gb but i read in the guide if its larger than 2 GB it might not work. Or is it not because of my micro sd card? is it supposed to take this long to load?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. :)

You can set your DSi´s Boot behavior in UNLAUCH from HiyaCFW to TWilight:
(I am on UNLANCH 1.8 maybe the Names are a little diffferent when you have Version 1.9)

Hold Button "A" when powering on your DSi and choose at the Top "OPTIONS".
Then on NO BUTTON choose TWLMENUPP (shown as SDMC:/BOOT.ND5) instead of HIYACFW (shown as SDMC:/HIYA.DSI).
Choose SAVE & EXIT and the next Bootup should be faster.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

astrodraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't necessarily need a 2GB card - you need less than 2GB of free space available. So it might be worthwhile to get a faster SD card at like 16GB or something and then put your files on and create a "blank" file that fills up the space to the point of having 1.99GB left.

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. :)

You can set your DSi´s Boot behavior in UNLAUCH from HiyaCFW to TWilight:
(I am on UNLANCH 1.8 maybe the Names are a little diffferent when you have Version 1.9)

Hold Button "A" when powering on your DSi and choose at the Top "OPTIONS".
Then on NO BUTTON choose TWLMENUPP (shown as SDMC:/BOOT.ND5) instead of HIYACFW (shown as SDMC:/HIYA.DSI).
Choose SAVE & EXIT and the next Bootup should be faster.:)

Thx a lot.
That saved me a lot of "time".

Reactions: Alexander1970

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gee kids these days are so impatient with their 45 seconds being a very long boot time lol. God help them if they ever get their hands on a old 8bit computer with the games on tape taking 5 to 10 mins to load then when you finish the first level you had to wait minutes again for the next level to load ect ect. :rofl2:

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Gee kids these days are so impatient with their 45 seconds being a very long boot time lol. God help them if they ever get their hands on a old 8bit computer with the games on tape taking 5 to 10 mins to load then when you finish the first level you had to wait minutes again for the next level to load ect ect. :rofl2:
Ahh yeah, where are the good old days [emoji12]

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

RickAfon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

OK BOOMER.

Just kidding tho XD

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't necessarily need a 2GB card - you need less than 2GB of free space available. So it might be worthwhile to get a faster SD card at like 16GB or something and then put your files on and create a "blank" file that fills up the space to the point of having 1.99GB left.
Not true. It works at every interval of two.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Gee kids these days are so impatient with their 45 seconds being a very long boot time lol. God help them if they ever get their hands on a old 8bit computer with the games on tape taking 5 to 10 mins to load then when you finish the first level you had to wait minutes again for the next level to load ect ect
Cranky Kong
BOTTOM TEXT

MetalDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh im gen alpha and are used to an rpi 1b (og one) taking 30 minutes to load

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When i was kid, our family computer, on which, i used to play gta vice city, used to take 10~15 minutes to fully load. It had a p4@2ghz, 128mb ram, integrated gpu. I used to start it first thing in the morning, go wash up, have breakfast, and by the time i am done, sometimes i still found the orange light which indicates that it's still loading, flickering, and when it's flickering, the pc is basically unusable and unresponsive.
Gta vice city was very slow too, it had constant stutters and freezes due to insufficient ram. Good old days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)