New to here, need help with GBA link cable and SA2B on Nintendont

Roxbury1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I've played SA2B a ton, and most recently on my first homebrewed Wii. I recently brought out my GBA with Sonic Advance and GC link cable. The controller I have been using is just the Wii classic controller. How can i get the Wii to recognize the link cable+gba are plugged into the system?

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey there! I've played SA2B a ton, and most recently on my first homebrewed Wii. I recently brought out my GBA with Sonic Advance and GC link cable. The controller I have been using is just the Wii classic controller. How can i get the Wii to recognize the link cable+gba are plugged into the system?

Enable "Native Controller"-option from Nintendont's settings. Also recommended you use official GC Link Cable from Nintendo over third-party cables as these can have issues working due using different protocols.

Reactions: Maeson

Roxbury1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable "Native Controller"-option from Nintendont's settings. Also recommended you use official GC Link Cable from Nintendo over third-party cables as these can have issues working due using different protocols.
I tried that, but then my classic controller stops being recognized, so I cant play the game at all

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I tried that, but then my classic controller stops being recognized, so I cant play the game at all
Your best bet is Devolution, it can use bluetooth/other controllers while maintaining link cable support.

...Or wait for the fabled Chao Transfer Tool to be released, dump your GBA save with this and feed it to the tool to send your SA2B chao to the GBA save, then restore it to the cart with the link cable tool. Though from what I can see this tool only supports GC controllers so it's probably a dead end, fortunately it's considerably easier to add wiimote support here than it is in nintendont.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Roxbury1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. So if I switch over to that, I wont lose anything right? And if I did stay on, could I use a random GC wireless controller, or does it have to be an N one?

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You lose the option of displaying the GC main menu and virtual memcard slot B, which is slightly useful for SA2B.

Any controller that works on the GameCube will do.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Roxbury1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lose the option of displaying the GC main menu and virtual memcard slot B, which is slightly useful for SA2B.

Any controller that works on the GameCube will do.
Ok thank you, I'll try out devolution then as long as I wont lose my saves. If I need to, I'll get a 3rd party GC controller. Left my wavebird at home far away ha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool