New to hacking Bootmii question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rvd42387, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010
  1. rvd42387
    OP

Member rvd42387 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My wii allows BootMii to be installed to boot2 now if i do this and i turn on the wii without an SD card in does the wii still load to the bootmii menu or does it boot to the wii channels?

Just a little curious because i prefer the wii channel menu

i am also wondering if using DarkCorps works the same as activating the trucha (sp?) bug

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    It won't boot into Bootmii unless the SD card is there with the "Bootmii" folder present. If you stil need to access the SD card for the Homebrew Channel, etc. just rename the Bootmii folder to something like "Bootmii---", as then when you need to use Bootmii you just rename the folder back to "Bootmii".

3. jelmew

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Be happy that you can install it as boot 2. If you rename the bootmii folder on the sd or remove the sd-card, it will just boot to the sys-menu.

Darkcorp is something different then the trucha-bug. The trucha-bug is just a silly security hole and a lot of applications run of it. Darkcorp is a total modification of all ios', so the wii can run backup disc trough the disc-channel. As a total modification, it can be risky.

P.s After installing bootmii, do make a Nand-backup. That will save your wii if you screw up somewhere.

4. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    If you install it, it should (depending on the SD card) boot to BootMii before anything, every time.

You can edit the bootmii.ini file to skip the loading of BootMii. Take the '#' out of the AUTOBOOT line if you don't want it do boot.

Put it back in if you want it do boot.