New To Hacking 3DS. Need Help/Advice but definitely NOT a noob at modding consoles.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MichaelShawJr, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MichaelShawJr
    OP

MichaelShawJr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    Hey, I'm Mike and I recently bought a NEW 3DS XL. I have prior history in console modding, I have flashed Xbox 360 DVD Drives with custom firmware, I have softmodded original Xboxes to run emaulators, run backups, and mod Halo 2 Online .map files to have fun in custom games. I have modded PSPs and much more, but I am new to 3ds modding and need a little help.

So basically, I do NOT have the cubic ninja game, so I can't mod the latest firmware, so I have not used my 3ds online yet. I currently have firmware Ver. 11.2.0-35U. How would I go about getting cfw and the homebrew launcher? And how would I get the system online after? I am especially interested in getting Freshop, being able to mod Animal Crossing New Leaf, and a few other basic things. So what is the best way to mod this firmware? I was thinking of using soundhax. Then after I mod it, how do I update to the latest firmware without loosing the cfw, homebrew launcher, etc. and getting online privileges? Thanks in advance!

2. Shady Guy Jose

Shady Guy Jose GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2008
    Portugal
    http://3ds.guide explains the various available options for each model and each firmware. Start there, and ask any questions here.

Quantumcat likes this.