Hacking New to flashing, Got tools rdy to go, need help.

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to xbox 360 modding but not new to modding consoles. Currently have modded PS3, PS2, PSP 1000, Wii, and Ipod Touch 4g. I just bought a bundle that comes with Xecuter X360USB PRO JungleFlasher Edition, Xecuter CK3 pro (REV D), Xecuter CK3 Pro case, Xecuter CK3 probe 3, Xecuter HDD Adapter, and Xecuter unlock kit. I have downloaded the latest jungleflasher, ABGX 360 and the latest Ixtreme and stock firmware pack. I know how to connect everything up so im ready to flash my xbox but i have a few questions before i do so. Ive done research but im still confused.First of all my xbox has never been modded. I have a BenQ phat 360. Now all the youtube videos ive seen for flashing benq i see they use LT 1.1. The only LT2.0 videos ive seen are updates from 1.9 but never a untouched to latest its always untouched to 1.1. Also i see disputes about using Verbatim DL - or +. So my questions are :

1) Seeing as how my xbox is a virgin do i need to install LT1.1 and gradually go up firmwares till i hit the latest or can i go straight from untouched to 2.0?

2) does it matter if the dvd dl is + or -?

3) I know the USB pro connects to the computer and the ck3 pro is to power the drive with a molex and thats all i need for now but what is the Probe 3 and HDD Adapter for? ( sorry it came with no manuals just hardware in a plastic bag)

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1-no you don't need to just flash the latest CFW for your specific drive
2-yes it does, you can only use DVD +RDL discs
3-I don't know I have never used one

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) You can go from untouched to lt2.0. You don't have to go in sequence. You didn't say what dash you are on, one of them (13XXX, can't remember exact version) updates the drives firmware. So if your not already there, best to update to latest dash before dumping drive firmware and flashing your hacked one. Also recommended to go back to stock before updating anyway, so may as well save yourself some hassle and go to latest dash to start with before hacking it.

2) Yes it does, use +

3) Probe is for liteon drive, not needed for benq. Hdd adapter is for connecting xbox 360 hdd to pc.

KlexKavark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the quick response now i just checked the system info on my xbox and it says dashboard 2.0.13604.0. Also how do i update the dashboard i don't see a system update option like ps3 does. I was on live today for about 3 hours and didn't get a prompt to update. I remember updating not long ago maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. And if it is that i am currently on latest dashboard does that mean its already flashed to stock so i can skip that step? Or seeing as my xbox has never been flashed shouldn't i already be at stock firmware right now?

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Your drive firmware and your dashboard are 2 different things. If you can connect to LIVE then you are on the latest dashboard. Your drive firmware will remain original until you flash it with a custom firmware. Once you have flashed with a custom firmware, if Microsoft decides to they can (and have done so in past already) release a dashboard update which reflashes your drive firmware back to original (stock). If this happens, you will need to reflash your drive with the custom firmware.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As stated above M$ can flash your drive back to stock if the want to with a new dash board update. Just to let you know there is a new dash board update due to hit relatively soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night