Hacking New to flashcards, please help me pick one

gotcubed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and this is my first post, but i've been researching all these flashcards for like 4 days now, and cant for the life of me figure out which one I want to get. I figured I'd write down what I'm looking for, and maybe a couple of you can recommend a product. Here we go

I want a card that isn't too expensive, this kind of rules out the cyclo evolution which I found for lik 70 bux, id like to spend around 45 or less. I've been mainly looking at the DSTT, R4, supercard DS ONE, edge, and M3DS Simply. They all seemed to be in my price range. First and foremost, I want a card that has great compatibility, not only running roms, but download play as well. I would also like it to be skinable, and contain a reasonable gui (i heard that the DSTT is kind of slow and unorganized). I'm not as interested in using the micro SDHD or whatever is, a regular 4 gig micro SD is fine. Also I dont like how the edge has the sd card slightly stick out, but I dont know if any of the other cards have similar imperfections (as far as physical problems). Also things like slow mo and real time save are not important to me (although it would be cool to have them)

anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who reads this, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I'm new to the site and this is my first post, but i've been researching all these flashcards for like 4 days now, and cant for the life of me figure out which one I want to get. I figured I'd write down what I'm looking for, and maybe a couple of you can recommend a product. Here we go

I want a card that isn't too expensive, this kind of rules out the cyclo evolution which I found for lik 70 bux, id like to spend around 45 or less. I've been mainly looking at the DSTT, R4, supercard DS ONE, edge, and M3DS Simply. They all seemed to be in my price range. First and foremost, I want a card that has great compatibility, not only running roms, but download play as well. I would also like it to be skinable, and contain a reasonable gui (i heard that the DSTT is kind of slow and unorganized). I'm not as interested in using the micro SDHD or whatever is, a regular 4 gig micro SD is fine. Also I dont like how the edge has the sd card slightly stick out, but I dont know if any of the other cards have similar imperfections (as far as physical problems). Also things like slow mo and real time save are not important to me (although it would be cool to have them)

anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who reads this, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

You should know that M3DS simply, and R4s cannot support micro sds that are over 2 gigs..... Micro sds that are over 2 gigs are called micro sdhc. So, in your case, you'd be buying a SDHC card....

I'd get Supercard DS1 SDHC. It's $35 at Dealextreme, and loaded with amazing features. It's a little slow, but it has great support/updates from the creator team of the card. It has a bit of learning curve to it, and you need to set some things up, but everything should be fine if you do so. It has 100% download play, if you set it up right, and 100% game compatibility.

If you just want to play games quickly, then go with DSTT. Although DSTT might be unorganized and all, it still has a very easy skinning function, and has the fastest loading of all flashkarts.

I wouldn't recommend the EDGE card, seeing that it can't be skinned, and I'd rather wait to see if they update their cart or not. Edge still looks very promising though...

I would recommend waiting a little bit to see if there's any changes to the carts within a certain time, like hardware changes, or firmware changes. Also, make sure to get an Adata 4 gig micro SDHCs' because they have the fastest Micro SDHCs (They are in Class 6) available. Sandisk cards are good, but can cause problems sometimes...

Also, don't get micro sd/HCs' from Taiwan, and make sure they're made from Japan. Taiwan cards are very slow, while the Japanese ones are fast.

Avoid buying Micro SD's from Ebay. I just bought an item a few days ago, and I think I might have been scammed, seeing how so many people complained about his service, even though he has a 98.2% feedback.... His account name is on my Signature...

Jarn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Also, don't get micro sd/HCs' from Taiwan...Taiwan cards are very slow
Uh oh... the microSD card that I ordered last Tuesday arrived today and I noticed that it said on it that it was made in Taiwan... is there anyway to check the speed? And what happens if it's from Taiwan? Will it not work or will some games just load slowly? In the reviews for the card from newegg there were people who said they bought them for R4s and it worked fine...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Also, don't get micro sd/HCs' from Taiwan...Taiwan cards are very slowUh oh... the microSD card that I ordered last Tuesday arrived today and I noticed that it said on it that it was made in Taiwan... is there anyway to check the speed? And what happens if it's from Taiwan? Will it not work or will some games just load slowly? In the reviews for the card from newegg there were people who said they bought them for R4s and it worked fine...

From what I've heard, the problematic games, like Tony hawk: downhill jam, and both Castlevania would have a lot of problems, like crashing, lagging, stopping, and etc. That's why everyone recommends the Japanese ones, because they're built faster. What Flashcart do you have?

Jarn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What Flashcart do you have?
I bought an M3DS Real, but it hasn't come in the mail yet (it should come this week, though I'm not sure how much I trust the Canadian postal system
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process