Hacking New to Flash Kits, question about the Acekard

Caliaztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to flash kits, and I have just purchased a DSi, waiting for it to be delivered. After reading that the Action Replay DS wont work on the DSi, I began reading on flash cards, that the Acekard 2, and Acekard21 support Action REplay codes. And my question is, do those codes only work for games that are being loaded while the acekard is in, or will it work like an action replay ds does now where I load the codes then I can insert my own DS game and the codes will work for it. For example pokemon games.

My other question is, can you play romz of games. I hope this is an ok question to ask but I am ordering my Ackard2i with an 8gb MicroSD HD card and was wondering if I would be able to just put all the games I own on that card instead of having to bring each individual cartridge?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about the first, but I'm guessing no.

The second is yes. It plays ROMs.

PS: Ignore Smiths. He's drunk.

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there is a homebrew app called nitrohax which allows you to use AR codes on your retail games. i never used it, and i'm actually not sure how it works. but you should be able to find info if you search/google.

for more info read the akaio wiki (see my sig).

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Caliaztec is clearly asking whether the AK2 can play backups of his commercial cartridges that he bought (in support of the authors) so that he can keep them all on one device for convenience. Certainly he's not suggesting actually downloading the ROM's from some seedy web site without paying for the commercial cartridges -- that would be piracy. We don't condone piracy here, right Smiths?

-Bri

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smiths=Awesome

Just, don't trust anything he says.

The whole point of a flashkit is to play 'ROMZ' so it would be ridiculous not to.*

You can use cheats on games you have on the flashcard, and as you can use various tools to rip save files from real cartridges, there isn't that much point in using the originals.

*Unless you have a DS-XTREEEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte