ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My first Final Fantasy game was the Original Tactics Advance for the GBA. It was pretty fun.

Now, I'm playing FF3, but it's kind of boring. I'll still beat this game before I play the 4th, but that will probably take a while...

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celes cole said:
I wouldn't start on 7 just yet, maybe after a few other FF games, but FF7 can lead to fanboyism... well not anymore but still. It's died down enough to say "Okay, FF7 is NOW playable without fanboys giving away the whole game in one sentance."
That would be one hell of run-on sentence. FF7 had a comic-book-class silly plot. At various points it seriously felt like reading a series of comic books that drastically changed writers every so often... with new writers introducing out-of-nowhere 'twists' intended solely to retcon the things they disliked from the previous author.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play them in order.

FF I for the nes/gba I recommend playing it with NesDS, and if you click on the signature there is a romhack for it giving it a graphical update.

FF II nes/gba also play it using NesDS

FF III play the DS version

FF IV play the DS version.

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Eternal Myst said:
Play them in order.

FF I for the nes/gba I recommend playing it with NesDS, and if you click on the signature there is a romhack for it giving it a graphical update.

FF II nes/gba also play it using NesDS

FF III play the DS version

FF IV play the DS version.

Wouldn't the order be.

FF7

FF8

FF9

FF10

FF6

FF3

FF4

FF5

I'm fairly sure thats how it was released here.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antihero2007 said:
Wouldn't the order be...
No, that's wrong. Outside of Japan, FF 1 was released for the NES like normal, and for the SNES FF 4 was released as 2 and FF6 as 3. And FF5 was released for the PSX here much much earlier than you described (I think before 9? Maybe even before 8.)

It used to be that calling the SNES games we got as FF two and three Final Fantasy Four and Six was a sign of being a geek. Now, of course, knowing that they were once released here as two and three is a sign of being a geek (or just old.)

But honestly, nobody but a maschoist or a completely obsessed fan is going to play through the NES FFII anyway. It just wasn't a very good game... its levelling system is one of the worst ever designed. Srsly, you level by having your characters beat themselves almost to death. Repeatedly.

Don't play them in order. Play whichever one looks most interesting to you.

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
Ruri said:
Antihero2007 said:
Wouldn't the order be...
No, that's wrong. Outside of Japan, FF 1 was released for the NES like normal, and for the SNES FF 4 was released as 2 and FF6 as 3. And FF5 was released for the PSX here much much earlier than you described (I think before 9? Maybe even before 8.)

It used to be that calling the SNES games we got as FF two and three Final Fantasy Four and Six was a sign of being a geek. Now, of course, knowing that they were once released here as two and three is a sign of being a geek (or just old.)

But honestly, nobody but a maschoist or a completely obsessed fan is going to play through the NES FFII anyway. It just wasn't a very good game... its levelling system is one of the worst ever designed. Srsly, you level by having your characters beat themselves almost to death. Repeatedly.

Don't play them in order. Play whichever one looks most interesting to you.

In the US maybe but I don't think any FF games came out before FF7 in the UK, it was a bit before my time really though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho